Senior Product Manager - Ultimate Direction
- Exxel Outdoors
- United States
- Boulder, CO
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
Ultimate Direction is the market leader of products designed by adventure racing athletes for athletes. In 1985, we invented the entire category of hydration packs. 30 years later UD remains a market leader, having created and popularized the "vest" concept for carrying water.
The role of Product Manager will drive strategy and innovations that lead to Ultimate Direction new product lines and performance in gross sales and margin revenues. This role leads the multifaceted demands of the UD design and development process and manages the on-time delivery and profitability of hydration assortments.
Ultimate Direction considers product management and design as a seamless process. The Product Manager will lead future product direction, create and manage line plans, creatively solve design challenges and drive innovative concepts throughout the development process, stay on calendar and meet financial metrics. This is an “A-Z” role covering everything from initial research and strategic direction thru final development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- There currently are two Designer/Developers who will report to the Product Manager
*They are very talented, eager, easy to work with
*The PM will support, guide, and optimize their efforts
- The PM will be a leader in the UD Team
*Participate in overall Brand planning, as well as contributing to Sales and Marketing planning
*Identify opportunities and obstacles, contributing a strategic approach to Product Line Planning
*Perform competitive analysis of the market
*Identify the Value Proposition for all Product
Contribute to and Support Product Design:
- Knowledgeable of the latest market trends, new technologies, and product requirements.
- Understand the desires of the UD market, including end-users and international distributors.
- Combine color and style aesthetics with performance, function, and value.
- Communicate flawlessly in the design software (commonly, Adobe Illustrator)
Contribute to and support Product Development:
- Create excellent working relationships with individual people and factories in Asia
- Communicate the Design to associates and working partners
- Be a leader for respectful and successful communication and relationships
- Optimize sourcing, and working with the Asia Team
- Document and maintain accountability for the crucial components:
- Lead times, Prototyping, QC, Capital Costs, Product Costs, MOQ’s, Split Shipments
- Track and be accountable to timelines for all phases
- Test the product for performance and acceptance during Design
- Communicate all relevant information on time and accurately to Marketing and Sales
- Travel to Asia office and factories as needed
- Travel to US tradeshows as needed
- Apparel Designer/Developer
- Product Designer
- 7+ years of experience in product management, new product development and design.
- BA with product development related or design training, or equivalent professional trade school education. MBA preferred.
- Proven commercial success in bringing equipment to market.
- Excellent strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent creative skills.
- Good knowledge of outdoor equipment and competitive adventure racing brands and their end use.
- Knowledge of the consumer goods industry, international sourcing, and forecasting/ planning/ purchasing/ distribution.
- Must be able to lead cross functional project teams on defined timelines.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Environment, Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Some domestic and overseas travel required.
- Basic knowledge in the complexities of coatings, finishes, manufacturing processes, and applications of textiles, foams, composites, and metals.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion and experience as a participant in the self-propelled sports, such as running.
- Overall strategic skill and innovative thinker. Possesses the ability to assess and identify what defines the future of hydration packs.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills: detail-oriented and capable of tracking and working within deadlines.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills are needed with demonstrated success in both written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to communicate and present product concepts, prototypes and samples to interdisciplinary teams.
- Enthusiasm, drive, and a positive attitude.
- Self-Motivated to achieve personal and team goals. Welcomes the opportunity to be a major contributor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, LLC, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com