Technical Designer / Design Assistant
- KATIN USA
- United States
- Long Beach, E. Rancho Dominguez
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Katin USA, the original California surf company, and lifestyle brand is in search of a talented Technical Designer / Design Assistant to join their team in the greater Long Beach area.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Under the supervision of the Creative Director, the Technical Designer / Design Assistant job entails all aspects of seasonal line development from the translation of the design vision into detailed tech packs and management of samples from the first prototype through to pre-production approval. Must be versatile and flexible enough to work on many categories including outerwear, bottoms, woven and knit tops.
In this position you will be responsible for daily factory communication, fabric development, tech pack creation, standardizing fits and specs to meet company’s quality standards, understanding of pricing and much more. The ideal candidate is a highly organized person, with love for meticulous technical design and product development, and who is an excellent team player with positive attitude. Must be able to track and follow the development process to completion of a commercialized product while ensuring our motto of “quality, durability and good looks since 1954.”
Knowledge of current / trending fashion, style and design and the relation to the surf and lifestyle industry is necessary.
• Create detailed tech packs and technical illustrations with Adobe Illustrator
• Oversee sampling process from proto stage to final TOP approval
• Evaluate samples for construction, fit and quality
• Communicate daily with overseas vendors regarding development and timelines
• Communicate the development and production timelines to design team
• Work closely with design, production, and sales to achieve best possible product
• Possess thorough understanding of garment development and manufacturing process
• Manage ongoing sample room for easy team access
• Adhere to company’s high-quality standards by monitoring sample details and specs thoroughly throughout the development process
• Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
• Maintain collection progress, utilizing WIPs and other visual data, for associated approvals of all samples (prototypes, SMS, and Pre-Production samples)
• Ensure blocks and grades are reviewed seasonally to ensure proper fit
• Review, revise and record specifications for changes made during the development process including fit, styling and construction details
• Assist Creative Director as needed
• 2-5 years of experience in Technical Design, preferably in Men’s contemporary categories
• High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, and Excel
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, organize work and manage scheduled deadlines
• Understanding of production, related timelines, and potential issues
• Must possess a strong knowledge of garment construction, fit, finishes, grading and specification packages
• A team player willing to get the job done
TO APPLY //
Please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.