Founded in 1999 by brothers Jeff and Tony Logosz, Slingshot Sports has always been about tinkering, exploring and finding the next great adventure. Growing up around the ski slopes of Utah, Jeff and Tony were on a constant search for their next rush of adrenaline. No matter where you were around their property, there was always some crazy shit going down. “We were mad scientists of weird boards and weird shapes, human CNC machines. Every once in a while we found something that really worked. It has come such a long way, but at the same time... nothing has changed.”- Tony Logosz.
Fast forward to today. Jeff and Tony instill that same spirit in the entire crew at Slingshot. We continue to experiment with new shapes, new toys and new technologies - all in an effort to find the next great adventure.
We’re looking for a CAD Designer/Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Hood River, Oregon.
This position reports to the Design & Supply Department Manager and supports Design & Supply, Sales & Marketing
Key responsibility: Use technology (Autocad, Solidworks, etc.) to generate design solutions for complex projects in the development of hard goods watersports equipment.
Job purpose and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work within the Design and Innovation Department to design and engineer water sports equipment.
- Create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings detailing concept, materials and development specifications.
- Run simulations and stress-tests on all 3D models before prototyping.
- Work with product team and suppliers to identify and select innovative materials and develop new components as needed.
- Demonstrate how design objectives enhance the usability and marketability of a product.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the latest applied and material sciences.
- Support all aspects of design and production, focusing on innovation and quality.
- Manage multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- Ensure projects follow ‘Style Guide’ and ‘Brand Positioning’ guidelines.
- Works closely with and supports our Industrial Designer
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing and Brand Managers to execute on product design.
- Inspire and collaborate to produce innovative, thoughtful, cost-effective and relevant results.
- Take an active role in concept sessions with cross-department teams.
- Communicate creative strategies, product concepts and consumer insights.
- Understand and work within project parameters: product goals and requirements, internal goals, technical constraints, budget guidelines and production schedules.
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share insights with the company.
- Degree in design, knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles (Cad: Autocad/Solidworks or comparable) and/or related degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials.
- Ability to analyze data and situation and come up with creative solutions.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in hard good creation. Sporting Goods industry preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and other related engineering concepts.
- Intention to continue self-education and enhance skillset.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed oriented, flexible, self-motivated and ability to deliver high quality results on-time.
- Team player: able to foster and build a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Innate desire to experiment with new tools and techniques to improve work results.
- Results-driven: Rigorously holds self and department accountable for achieving high levels of performance.
- Self-starter: A high achiever who thrives on a challenge and is comfortable with being measured on results.
- Must have a passport (or able to get one) and be willing to travel around the world to work directly on factory floors as well as our Hood River headquarters.
- Kudos for sporting industry background/experience.
- Full-time benefitted position with competitive salary
- Paid Vacation (PTO)
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employee gear account
- 401K matching options
- Office location in downtown Hood River
Please submit resume and portfolio through Malakye.com