Marketing Lead, North America
- Faction Skis
- United States
- Breckenridge, CO
- 5 year(s)
- Min Salary: $45000.00 - Max Salary: $60000.00 per Year
Faction offers a unique opportunity for the right person to join our breakthrough global action sports and apparel brands at a senior level. Faction has the benefit of having award-winning content to inspire its avid fans as well as best-in-class products that make the company the fastest-growing ski brand in the business.
Faction’s foundations are quality craftsmanship, innovative product design, stunning visual impact and an authenticity that is reflected in our talented team and everything we do. From that basis our experienced team not only creates industry-defining skis and outerwear, but also produces the message through award-winning videos produced in-house, a team of athletes who reflect Faction’s values and a range of events for fans and trade partners around the world. Our headquarters is in Verbier, Switzerland with offices in London and Breckenridge, Colorado. What runs throughout the team is a deep commitment to building with quality and care and remembering that the whole purpose of skiing is to have fun on the mountains with our friends.
The key challenge in the role is the breadth of experience we seek matched with a strong personality fit. Faction is dispersed but it is tight-knit and very transparent.
Brand management & strategy
- Assisting the EU team in refining consumer and trade campaigns year on year
- Strategy development with a North American focus
- Tactical implementation ensuring everything adheres to that core
- Building an annual North American commercial budget and ensuring spending is within the budget in collaboration with the North American sale manager and global marketing team
Promotion and advertising
- Paid content placement across channels
- Advertising buying with NA media partners
- Analytics with a strong focus on reviewing and improving
- Creating successful partnerships, i.e., with resorts, natural partners
- Consumer event management with clear impact (we run dozens annually)
- Enhancing ski media relationships with support of PR agency and EU team
Leadership & personality
- Clear logical thinker
- Strong communicator
- Initiative – self-driven
- Extensive management and team experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Athlete assessment, cultivation and direction
- Alignment of athletes to product lines
- Setting Athlete KPIs and the right balance of personal fit and brand impact
Trade channel marketing
- Full-year communications, supporting assets – print & digital
- Trade event management
- Store relationships & creative ideas to drive retail partnerships
- Attending ski and outerwear media tests
- Visual merchandising, POP & sales team support at the retail partner level
- Organisation of our annual Sales meeting
- Planning and execution of out-of-calendar product launches based on strategy discussions
- Work with PR agency and EU team for on-the-ground relationship development and support
- Placement & seeding among endemic media and industry influencers
The highly-skilled team is committed to professionalism that also supports personal development. Perks include Faction product, an expectation to use that product on the mountains, and the ability to be a part of and help a talented team build one of the most exciting business in action sports today.
Our company is growing at a rate of over 50% per year every year with expectations to reach at least 75% growth over this and the next season. This is based on strong foundations. It also means we have high expectations and a lean team. We are 20 full time and a sales force of over 40 more. Compensation is fair and as we grow as a business, the compensation package has the potential to grow with it.
The role will be based in Breckenridge, USA, however there will be annual trips to London and Verbier, Switzerland to visit our other offices and attend team weeks.
The candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing campaigns and initiatives with proven results
- Ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects
- Must be available to travel up to two weeks out of every month
- Strong leadership and ability to manage a team
- Ski industry experience or brand experience with sports-orientated brands
- A start-up mentality - things get done because we make them happen
If you're excited about the role, submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye for consideration.