Marketing Communications Specialist
- ElliptiGO Inc.
- United States
- Solana Beach, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Founded in 2008 by two Ironman triathletes, ElliptiGO Inc. (www.elliptigo.com) is the brand leader in the stand up bicycle industry. Combining the best of running, cycling and the elliptical trainer, ElliptiGO bikes provide a fun, comfortable and effective workout experience that eliminates impact on joints while allowing people to enjoy the outdoors. The company’s mission is to inspire people and improve their lives by leading the development of this new industry and the sport of stand up cycling.
Our headquarters is in Solana Beach, California – the heart of the sports and active lifestyle industry. Something interesting happens every week at ElliptiGO, whether it’s an Olympian stopping by to ride, a call from a celebrity who wants to get a bike, or a new record set by one of our athletes. Our products have been featured by dozens of major media outlets including The Today Show, Good Morning America, The New York Times, The Wall St. Journal, Runner’s World, Running Times, Competitor, Shape, Men’s Journal, and Men’s Fitness, and we continue to attract media attention because of our success. In 2013, Fast Company Magazine named ElliptiGO the 6th most innovative company in fitness, behind Nike and Zumba and ahead of CrossFit and Strava. More than 100 elite athletes currently train on ElliptiGOs and they are in use at more than 200 Universities and High Schools across the country. Our products are available in more than 250 retail locations in the U.S. and in more than 20 other countries worldwide.
ElliptiGO’s Brand Values:
- Caring: We genuinely care - about each other, our customers, the work we do, and living a healthy life.
- Inspiration: We are inspired by the impact we have on our customers’ lives. We work to inspire our customers to become a better version of themselves.
- Innovation: Innovation is our lifeblood. Creating compelling solutions to our customers’ problems is the fundamental reason why our company exists.
- Integrity: We believe in doing the right thing. We believe in creating products of the highest quality that are built to last. We stand behind our products and our people.
- Fun: We work hard and we play hard. We enjoy life and are committed to creating a work environment that is open, honest, collaborative, fun and family-oriented
This mid-level position is responsible for the design and execution of all online & offline communication strategies. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be the “voice of ElliptiGO” ensuring consistent branding across all marketing and public relations channels. The Marketing Communications Specialist will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing and will work closely with members of the marketing, sales and management teams.
• Develop and execute marketing communications plan and content strategy across all platforms.
• Draft and distribute press releases, manage multiple newsletters, and create content for online and offline marketing collateral.
• Leverage Act-On, our email marketing automation platform to effectively nurture our databases.
• Identify and support strategies to build our lead database and increase conversion.
• Create and optimize web content for SEO and organic and keyword search.
• Manage and enhance ElliptiGO’s social media presence through compelling content and engagement.
• Recruit and maintain media partnerships.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university preferred
• Four or more years of experience in marketing communications
• Exceptional written communication skills and strong ability to multitask
• Expertise in social media management
• Experience leveraging email marketing automation platforms, e.g. Act-On, Marketo, HubSpot
• Efficient and effective computer skills, expertise in MS Office and Web applications, Video editing
• Experience in measuring email and social media marketing effectiveness and identifying trends
• Ability to code in HTML and experience with WordPress a plus
• Avid runner, cyclist, and/or fitness enthusiast a strong plus
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation: Base Salary + Annual Bonus Opportunity based on personal and company performance
• Opportunity to earn equity in the form of stock options
• Benefits: Industry competitive (health/dental/vision insurance, PTO)
Apply through Malakye, or via email to email@example.com. Please submit a resume AND a cover letter (.doc or .pdf format).