Product Line Manager
- ToeSox inc.
- United States
- Vista, CA (San Diego Area)
- 10 year(s)
- Not Available
Thirty Three Threads is seeking an experienced Product Line Manager in Vista, CA (San Diego area).
Product Line Managers work across all departments of the company, including sales, operations, development, marketing, and manufacturing. The product line manager must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with these departments to meet company expectations and consumer demands.
The Product Line Manager must possess mathematical and analytical abilities to develop pricing models and forecast product profitability. This requires the product line manager to analyze technical, financial, marketing, and sales information for the product line. Using this data, they must prepare product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and product launch strategy. To ensure the success of various product lines, the product line manager must use a combination of marketing data analysis, personal experience, and customer input. The product line manager must stay up to date with market changes and current market perceptions. They must then be able to communicate these results to the executive members of the company, making suggestions on how to better improve current product lines or how the company can enter underdeveloped market segments.
He/she will manage the approval process for materials, fit and prototype sign off. The PLM will also ensure key calendar milestones are met for on-time delivery and adoption of styles. He/she will foster a collaborative work relationship with Sales, Operations, and Marketing.
Scope of Work & Responsibilities:
Product Line Building:
• Overall management and responsibility of ensuring that we remain on calendar for each line launch.
• Manage the development cycle for new products, from conceptualization to product launch.
• Work with management to develop long term product development and sales strategies for the company.
• Develop brief with seasonal assortment plan breadth, depth, price point, target cost, SKU/sales allocation for each category and concept.
• Create line plans that meet revenue and margin targets while optimizing global opportunities.
• Benchmark and challenge all service and interlinked departments (Design, Operations, Development) to create industry leading product range.
• Develop all SKU (cost) sheets in accordance with development calendar
Sales and Market Analysis & Research:
• Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
• Carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.
• Prepare statistics and market analysis for design strategy meeting.
• Execute interdepartmental focus groups as needed
• Be the expert of consumer and market insights (cultural drivers, consumer trends, competitive landscape and retail evolutions).
• Present financial analysis of category trends that support overall product directives.
• Monitor sell-in, sell-through, market acceptance and post mortem on SKU.
• Work closely with Planning and Sales to forecast SKU's level.
• Monitor and update development calendar weekly to ensure on time launch of new products.
• Lead product development and launch process from brief to commercialization.
• Give clear, concise direction to Development teams and necessary follow up.
• Coordinate development between China development and US design teams
• Create and update Seasonal Development Sheets and product boards weekly
• Work with QC to approve PPS (Pre-Production Approval Samples)
• Proof Seasonal Catalog to check image accuracy, SKUs, names, colors and styles are accurate before printing.
• Work with Marketing to develop new packaging. Manage approval process.
• Oversee the launch of new SKU’s on the website with marketing
• Present and merchandise product line to ensure an intuitive presentation of technologies and aesthetics with a keen eye for trend and ability for storytelling.
• Develop key domestic and international relationships for our brand through account meetings, pre-lines and Domestic and European sales meeting presentations.
• Maintain sample room, archives and development and presentation boards.
• Work with Marketing to review Product Shot Lists and any post corrections needed to photo samples.
• Work with Marketing to create packaging videos for China teams
• 10 years of product development experience in a relevant product related role.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative - always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, retail math and computer skills.
• Creativity and passion for product.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Product Development: 8 years (Required)
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com