- United States
- Laguna Beach, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
THE ROARK REVIVAL: APPAREL DESIGNER
Roark requires an experienced designer to create collections inspired by our seasonal trips focused on adventurism, local cultural and firsthand experience on the ground. Our travels have taken us to Cuba, Tokyo, Nepal, Iceland, Vietnam, Senegal, Bali and beyond. The Designer may travel with the team and expected to have a thirst for exploration, people, culture, danger and experience. Our product ranges from technical outerwear to woven shirting, denim and functional board shorts. The apparel is meant to perform on the trail and at the bar.
Roark is an adventure lifestyle brand based in Laguna Beach, Ca. that has won numerous awards for its efforts. The brand chronicles the exploits of a bar-brawling hellion across the globe inspiring collections of clothing and trinkets inspired by the travels. It’s distributed in wide variety of retailers from surf, skate and snow to outdoor, travel and menswear doors. Follow the revival at www.roark.com
• Proven ability to translate market trends and concepts and formally present them.
• Prepare CADs and other visual tools for presentations.
• Partners with Director of Design to follow seasonal direction and ensure commercial success of seasonal line offerings and innovative advanced products.
• Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar. ?
• Responsible for the execution of high quality design/ tech packages during design process.
• Will work closely with the PLM system to manage all tech packs and BOM’s related to each style.
• Consistently identify opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency within categories.
• Strong graphic and print skills is a must: Create and manipulate prints, textile repeats, art pitch sheets.
• Availability for development travel and Inspirational trips overseas.
• Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 4 year’s with experience in apparel design.
• Self-motivated and multi-task oriented.
• Excellent sense of style and color
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field
• Computer skills – MS Office, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational and planning skills required.
• Firm understanding of costing and garment construction.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to facilitate meetings are necessary.
• Experience working with Full Circle/PLM software a big plus.
TO APPLY //
Submit resume and salary requirements through Malakye.
The Roark Revival is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.