Digital Graphic Designer
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
The chase for Roark began out of a desire to tell stories born of adventure and discovery in the form of a man - he’s the bar-brawling adventurer that disappears into Mexico for six months camping, only to surface in Paris drinking Bordeaux with a diplomat’s daughter. Each season we find Roark in a different part of the world, telling stories of his exploits within our product, on social platforms and in a printed book at retail. Inspired by the culture and climate of Roark’s destination, we produce two collections per year of clothing, luggage and trinkets - the artifacts of adventure. The product and stories we create empower people to discover self through authentic, irreverent, dangerous and purposeful adventure on the road less traveled.
Join us as our Digital Graphic Designer.
• A mobile user who has a passion for creating better experiences through good design
• Highly creative, technically savvy, and wear many hats
• A highly-motivated self-starter who requires little to no day-to-day direction
• Able to explain design decisions from a technical and visual perspective
• A participant in outdoor and travel related activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and manage the creative process of all digital creative for company owned direct to consumer business for the website, email campaigns, paid social, organic social, and other digital channels.
• Conceptualize and design from campaign briefs to launches, create and work with cross-functional teams to execute.
• Ensure all creative assets are optimized for the platforms and devices they are being served on. Platform examples: Website, Email, Instagram, Etc. Device Examples: Mobile, Tablet, Desktop.
• Be the design lead for website UX/UI and be able to interface between ecommerce, marketing and website development teams to create wireframes to final webpage designs. QA the implementation of designs, review and audit the translation from design to production. (App design and software engineering is not part of this job)
• Conduct regular website audits to identify UX/UI improvements.
• Manage Digital Asset Manager and maintain an organized file structure of web content files, imagery, multimedia and copywriting.
• Participate in analytics review to be informed on overall performance and improvement needs for all digital creative and website UI/UX.
• Stay in the know of industry trends with frequent research; seek relevant educational opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience preferred, strong background in digital and UX/UI design required.
• Must understand and have a proven track record with mobile first design.
• Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
• Must be quantitative minded, have a passion for user-centered design and possess a curiosity for new technology.
• Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget.
• Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrate a passion for premium product and brand building.
• Team players required.
• Experience with Asana is a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• BA/BS degree in web design.
• Highly experienced in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Bridge.
• Working knowledge of front end technologies, HTML, experience with Magento and Shopify preferred