The crux of your job is to manage the entire guest experience, operations, customer flow, staff, and floor inventory as efficiently as possible. Your ultimate goal is to treat the store as if it is your own. You will be responsible for every aspect of the day to day operations of the Roark San Francisco location. We are looking for you to inspire and lead the floor team in providing superior Customer Service to all our customers. The type of Customer Service that makes people feel welcomed, heard, and helped the way a friend would help them find what they need. This kind of customer service is crucial to surviving as a small retailer in the 21st century. We are looking for you to lead by example in a wide range of situations, and creative to problem solve on the fly. You will often have to make critical decisions as it relates to the day to day of our business, so we expect you to be entrepreneurial, creative and hold yourself and your team accountability for a successful environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Be responsible for growing revenue by driving sales and business results through a premium guest experience, employee relations, and operations that are aligned with Roark Culture and Retail Operating Principles.
• Meet or exceed financial plan, including revenue plan, payroll budget, and overall store P&L.
• Support new store openings, pop-ups and special events as needed.
• Manage and execute store product flow, overall back of house operations, supply needs, and daily store maintenance.
• Execute seasonal floor sets/visual merchandising directives within the store and maintain visual standards and brand image on a daily basis
• Be the product expert, understand the customer needs, share your product knowledge and guide our customers to product selections that meet their needs.
• Share your product knowledge with staff, provide coaching relating to product and selling techniques in order foster productivity among the store team.
• Manager POS issues. Reconcile tills, process returns, exchanges, gift cards, and discounts accurately.
Manage Staff: 10-25% of your time
• Oversee management of the store team including recruiting, hiring, training, and career development in collaboration with Corporate Human Resources.
• As a Keyholder you will be asked to open/close the shop on your own.
• Motivate and inspire staff to approach the sales floor each day with enthusiasm and outgoing stoke. Lead by example in everything you do.
• Create and manager staff schedule, to include but not limited to time off, coverage swaps, daily breaks and lunches, cover schedule gaps as required.
• Manage employee conflict and resolution.
• Manage Staff Training process.
• Perform performance check ins with staff in accordance to corporate calendar.
Inventory: 15% of your time
• Properly merchandise and re merchandise all items in the store at all times
• Manage store inventory, restocking product, receiving new product.
• Identify holes in shop inventory and place fill in orders to bring stock to correct inventory levels.
Events/Marketing: 5% to 10% of your time
• Manage and lead all store events, required to be present for all events unless otherwise approved by your manager.
• Be responsible for the promotion and marketing of all store events.
• Conceive, execute and manage at least 1 event per quarter that is unique to the flagship location.
• Seek out local collaborations with relevant brands, artists, musicians and athletes to promote flagship location.
• Lead the sales team in its goal of giving such great Customer Service that customer loyalty is built and customers are inspired to tell other people (or the internet) about how great their experience was
• Constant tactile and process improvements to our overall Sales/Customer Service approach, help build Roark into a better version of itself
• Create the most unique and interesting retail store in the bay area that speaks to what Roark has stood for since its inception.