Sales Coordinator Key Accounts, Wholesale Dealer Services
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
prAna is seeking a Sales Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA.
Overview of the Position:
The successful Sales Coordinator Key Accounts works side-by-side with Sales Managers and Sales Representatives to assist our dealers in all aspects of their accounts as it pertains to prAna sales and customer service. Responsibilities include assisting with qualifying new accounts, checking territories for distribution conflicts, maintaining CRM database, traveling to and assisting at tradeshows, preparing clothing samples, performing data entry, working directly with dealers and direct consumers, assisting with inbound/outbound calls, and coordinating mailings which includes ordering, organizing, and maintaining documents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1) Wholesale Key Account and Regional Support:
- Enter and modify orders; includes uploading EDI transmissions and prAna dealer website orders
- Manage key account orders from order inception to delivery ensuring compliance at every step of the supply chain including, but not limited to, EDI, ASN, Routing, Compliance, ticketing and pre-packing
- Review and confirm all pricing, discounts and terms are correct in the system for all EDI customers prior to ship date
- Liaise with Production, Shipping, Allocation, Customers, Customer Service and Sales Reps, as needed, to ensure compliance and execution of best practices
- Assist customers with product purchases and assortments by providing the most up to date sales information for their specific distribution channel and providing personal product knowledge
- Provide ATS reports for all regional customers and solve inventory issues
- Monitor and maintain all open orders in designated territories; maintain communication with sales rep and customer regarding order status (i.e. back orders, cancellations and adjustments, credit holds, hold for confirmation, etc.)
- Ensure that all open orders are shipped out on the scheduled ship date and prior to cancel date
- Manipulate open order reports to ensure accuracy and shipping timelines; communicate information to sales representatives and customers
- Provide and create return authorizations for warranty and other product issues
- Work directly with customers and prAna accounting department regarding credit issues, invoicing and terms
- Respond to all wholesale inquiries and distribute contact and distribution information to the appropriate sales representative
2) Sales Management/Sales Rep Support:
- Work with Managers and Sales Representatives to assist our dealers in all aspects of their business as it pertains to prAna sales
- Check territories for distribution conflicts
- Maintain CRM database
- Assist at tradeshows and key meetings
- Prepare samples, merchandising pages, reports, and other tools needed for productive meetings and line presentations
- Travel to regional and national tradeshows / meetings when necessary to support representatives and Sales Management
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- Monitor and report on progress toward monthly, quarterly, seasonal, and yearly shipping goals. Including open order reports, accounts/orders “on hold”, bulk order reporting, product availability, allocation, etc
- Deliver user friendly reports (ATS, hot styles, best sellers, etc) to external sales force to improve efficacy of communication between reps and customers
- Inventory analysis as it relates to fulfillment of at once orders from Major Accounts
4) Other duties:
- Maintaining and improving SMU process and communication for Key Accounts.
- Ensuring Key Accounts receive the photo assets and copy they require for digital selling on time and complete
- Provide UPC and product set-up forms for all key accounts. Coordinate needs with Sales Operations Supervisor and Sales Analyst
- Attend weekly production meetings to track early season shipments for Key Accounts
- Resident expert for EDI – Point person for questions and training new and existing team members
- EDI sweeping – maintaining correct discounts/terms, season code, ship dates, etc.
- Review and communicate vendor manuals and guidelines to logistics and accounting teams to reduce chargebacks and ensure shipping accuracy
- Some travel required for key meetings and shows
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience with EDI and related software.
- Experience in wholesale apparel industry or a similar related wholesale environment.
- High school degree or GED required. College degree preferred.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Expert internet and computer efficiency especially Microsoft excel (complex functions, pivot tables and analysis). Be prepared for testing on these systems during your interview.
- Strong professional communication (written and oral) is critical.
- Experience working with advanced ERP systems.
- Experience in shipping and logistics.
Travel Requirements/Schedule Requirements:
- Must be able to work regular schedule of Monday-Friday (8 am – 5 pm) plus be willing and available to work overtime
- Must be willing and able to travel for business trips 3-4 weeks per year, with possible international travel
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!