- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
From the first days designing clothing in a garage, prAna’s initial vision to connect yoga and climbing to mindful living has captivated thousands. It’s ensured that prAna clothing and gear are made with intention - that every detail from trim and linings to hangtags is carefully designed to enhance our lives today while still considering the needs of tomorrow. Since 1992, this vision has been at the root of prAna’s relationships with customers and retailers. And, it has helped the company to foster a community of active, free spirited customers that share its values.
Today, the brand has evolved beyond our rock climbing and yoga roots to include lifestyle and performance clothing. The clothing is designed at prAna with style and versatility in mind. prAna is deeply committed to mitigating the impact they have on the environment in manufacturing and selling its clothing and that all products are made in safe and fair working conditions.
Each year, prAna welcomes increasingly more people to the prAna way of life through a multi-channel strategy including their own branded stores, a fast-growing direct ecommerce business, catalogs and an established wholesale distribution of over 1,400 retailers across the US, Canada, and Europe.
prAna was acquired by Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC) in June, 2014 and is part of the family of brands in the CSC portfolio, including Columbia, Mountain Hardwear and Sorel. prAna is headquartered in Carlsbad, California and operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company.
Overview of the Position:
The Visual Merchandiser develops and implements prAna’s visual merchandising strategies and plans across prAna’s retail stores and wholesale accounts, aligned with seasonal product and brand strategies that correlate with the seasonal marketing calendar.
This hands-on, creative and collaborative position interfaces and works closely with many team members across prAna, including the retail store management teams, wholesale sales and marketing, as well as the creative and marketing teams. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, communication and initiative and works under general supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Retail Visual Merchandising:
a. Execute visual merchandising strategies by creating seasonal visual displays that align with the marketing editorial calendar and product strategy
b. Develop and maintain compelling and informative presentation of merchandise and brand story that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity
c. Carry out seasonal message through to the consumer with artistic, and impactful concepts
d. Create visual merchandising seasonal launch assets and monthly visual merchandising updates for retail windows in collaboration with Art Director
e. Create Visual Merchandising seasonal directives for all retail stores and disseminate directives with effective communication to ensure understanding for the stores to execute; coordinate communication with Retail Marketing and Operations Manager, as needed
f. Create seasonal floor plan visual ideas and concepts that correlate to seasonal calendar
g. Create monthly store window display direction and in store product POS
h. Conceptualize and present new and fresh ideas that showcase key communication of our product and brand
i. Partner with retail graphic designer(s) and other relevant team members on seasonal launch and window implementations
j. Proactively communicate regularly with retail to acquire store feedback and ideas
k. Create visual standards and guidelines per season
2. Wholesale Visual Merchandising:
a. Drive sell-in and sell-through of product with effective visual merchandising strategies to influence both buyer and consumer in their purchasing decisions
b. Leverage prAna-branded retail visual merchandising strategy in wholesale accounts/stores to create a consistent and connected consumer experience
c. Create floor plans and visual merchandising display concepts that correlate to seasonal initiatives for accounts, as needed
d. Partner closely with the Art Director and Wholesale Marketing department to manage wholesale assets, trade show deliverables, in-store visuals, and fulfill visual merchandising needs for key accounts and initiatives
e. Merchandise product assortment and product presentations and visual presentations at wholesale tradeshows such as Outdoor Retailer, Surf Expo, Friedrichshafen, ISPO and regional tradeshow support
f. Create seasonal key account visual merchandising plans
g. Create visual merchandise directive(s) for a specific key account to support sales, as needed
h. Partner with sales and marketing to identify and develop impactful visual merchandising plans to support shop-in-shop programs
i. Partner with the Art Director and Wholesale Senior Graphic Design team to bring seasonal stories to life in a 3D environment for Sales Meetings twice a year; lead the planning and execution for mannequin looks/presentations, product displays, and supporting collateral
j. Update visual merchandising of Sales Showroom 4-6 times per year to support Sales account meetings
Performs other duties as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 5 years of relevant visual merchandising experience at a lifestyle or luxury apparel brand
• High school diploma; college degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience driving innovative and creative ideas and concepts with a clear vision
• Proven ability to develop and implement strong creative ideas through to execution
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
• Product styling knowledge and ability to quick learn prAna product
• Demonstrated sense of design and illustration skills
• Self-Directed/Self-Reliant: Ability to take action and responsibility for personal success and failure; influences events and achieves specific goals; works in an independent manner to accomplish goals; initiates actions and works effectively with little supervision, direction or precedent; proactive
• Decision Making and Judgment: Ability to make decisions by gathering data, analyzing multiple options and conferring with appropriate people; uses good judgment in arriving at decisions
• Team Orientation: Demonstrates an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; keeps the company goals and personal integrity of each individual in mind when taking action; willingly assist other employees
• Interpersonal/Communication skills: The ability to interact and work productively and positively with a number of diverse personalities internally and externally; ability to clearly, concisely and accurately present information verbally and in writing in a positive manner
• Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
• Flexibility: Ability to adapt to a variety of internal and external circumstances; adapts to changing priorities
• Organization, planning and prioritizing skills: Demonstrates ability to establish a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals, objectives, project objectives; establishes follow up systems and feedback mechanisms to monitor projects.
• Organized and detail oriented project management and time management skills
• Resourcefulness: The ability and creativity to cope with difficulties to achieve desired result
• Problem Solving: Demonstrates an ability to gather data, analyze data, recommend solutions and follow through on results; ability to research and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
Travel and Schedule Requirements:
• Ability to travel 35% with possibility of up to 50%, domestically to prAna retail stores, sales meeting and tradeshow locations
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with our without reasonable accommodations.
• Position is responsible for creating and changing visual displays. Must be able to push, lift, and carry 30-50 pounds of merchandise and fixtures. The visual merchandiser position can be physically demanding during tradeshow and retail installments.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!