Apparel Supply Chain – Social Responsibility and Traceability Specialist
- United States
- Carlsbad, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
prAna is seeking a Social Responsibility and Traceability Specialist in Carlsbad, CA.
Overview of the Position:
The successful Social Responsibility and Traceability Specialist position is accountable for executing specific components within prAna’s social responsibility and traceability programs in prAna’s supply chain, in collaboration with prAna’s Product Development and Production Departments. Within this, the position manages, tracks and reports data related to social responsibility and traceability programs. It also works closely with factories to develop positive working relationship to ensure their ability to adhere to prAna’s sustainability goals. The role will be a representative of prAna within the supply chain as well as externally within the apparel industry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with prAna’s Director of Sustainability to implement the goals and commitments of prAna’s Social Responsibility program as per Fair Labor Association (FLA) obligations
- Track and keep current prAna’s master factory list, both at prAna and within the FLA database
- Track, ensure completion of and report out on all supplier agreements, signed Restricted Substance Lists (RSLs), confidentiality agreements, social & FLA requirements, environmental health and safety reports as well as ad hoc requests
- Communicate all of prAna’s social / environmental requirements and updates with active suppliers to keep suppliers informed of prAna’s expectations and ensure compliance
- Initiate and roll out the Higg facilities modules to prAna’s tier 1 suppliers and ensure completion (The Higg Index is the tool used through the Sustainable Apparel Coalition to track and measure social and environmental data for facilities)
- Prepare and deliver the Fair Trade reporting to Fair Trade USA (Each season prAna tracks data both from our purchase of Fair Trade products and the sales of those products in order to have a transparent system; reporting must be accurate and timely)
- Work with Columbia’s Corporate Responsibility team for collaboration opportunities in systems, shared monitoring and capacity building
- Execute all requirements for product traceability claims as outlined in prAna’s traceability Standard Operating Procedure
- Follow up each season with Production department to send out traceability request letter and report out on the status of products’ traceability
- Work with Design and Product Development teams on new sourcing to ensure that suppliers have correct certifications before starting business relationships as well as developing current suppliers towards the correct certifications for any claims made
- Be the contact and gather the resources for prAna’s reporting on conflict minerals to the team at Columbia
- Track, ensure progress and report out on prAna’s factory social audits, remediation and reporting on supplier social/environmental scores; be able to quickly respond if high-risk issues emerge from assessments or current events
- Support prAna Production Managers and prAna’s Director of Sustainability on factory remediation
- Be proactive and stay current on industry trends related to social responsibility and integrity
- Contribute to advancing this body of work for the industry through participation in the OIA Sustainability working group, Textile Exchange and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition; actively attend and participate in working groups
- Identify areas to improve prAna’s social responsibility & traceability program and supply chain in support of prAna’s sustainability strategy and related goals; make recommendations and coordinate improvements with Director or Sustainability
- Work with suppliers to encourage and assist them with continuous improvement on their sustainability journey, including following up with them on the entire process and the steps and deadlines of the program
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of experience in global manufacturing and supply chain management, preferably within apparel and/or accessories
- Experience traveling and working directly with factories overseas
- Understanding of and experience with global trade in textiles and apparel sourcing processes
- Multi-cultural international business experience
- Experience leading and managing a program
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of sustainable industry practices and compliance standards
- Knowledge of Human and Labor rights in the apparel industry as well as issues and trends
- Knowledge of Federal Trade Commission and textile industry claims
- Full Circle or equivalent ERP proficiency helpful but not required
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
Travel and Schedule Requirements:
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time domestically and internationally; up to 2 trips per year to visit factories with additional travel to resolve issues, as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule due to travel including overnights and weekends
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!