Part-Time Apparel Production Assistant – Technical
- Oceandless Designs/Hinano Tahiti
- United States
- Huntington Beach
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Hinano Tahiti is in search of a Part-Time Apparel Production Assistant – Technical to join the team in Huntington Beach, CA.
About Hinano //
Dream island, Live Hinano! Born in the heart of the South Pacific with strong Polynesian roots, Hinano is the name of a beautiful flower and also a lovely Tahitian name. Today Hinano is an apparel brand that celebrates that island lifestyle. Our passion for the South Pacific islands and ocean culture is cultivated through our finest collection of men’s and women’s apparel.
Position Summary //
This role is responsible for assisting in the technical design and development of a complete, well balanced lifestyle and accessory collection. The Design and Production Assistant will be responsible for coordinating multiple lines from the point of conception to execution of the end product, with an emphasis placed on current market trends, quality, and technical construction. The ideal candidate is well organized; works well with a small team and fully understands the production process with a focus on soft-goods/clothing, headwear and accessories.
A passion and love for the island lifestyle is REQUIRED to join this team! We are looking for someone that is inspired by their love for the ocean, familiar with the Hinano lifestlye and willing to grow their skill set, as they grow with the company.
• Create and maintain illustrator art pages and tech packs for product lines
• Handle any design, production and spec changes that may occur and coordinate communication with appropriate team members
• Update production files as changes are made, according to production comments
• Re-sending art files and/or tech packs to vendor and communicate with, as needed
• Create, coordinate and maintain all merch pages regularly
• Provide any missing cads as needed for catalog and coordinate organization of files as needed, for meetings or team communication
• Send out all fedex packages for design and production teams
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of Hinano showroom and product lines
• 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in creating and maintaining tech packs
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience using Adobe software; Illustrator and Photoshop
• Knowledge of technical design construction techniques
• Hardworking and self-motivated with an easy-going personality that is comfortable working with a small team / environment
• Knowledge of the Hinano brand and passion for our lifestyle is required
To Apply //
Please submit your brief cover letter, resume and applicable portfolio samples through Malakye.