Freelance Apparel Designer
- Oceandless Designs/Hinano Tahiti
- United States
- Huntington Beach
- 6 year(s)
- Not Available
Hinano Tahiti is in search of a Freelance Apparel Designer.
About Hinano //
Dream island, Live Hinano! Born in the heart of the South Pacific with strong Polynesian roots, Hinano is the name of a beautiful flower and also a lovely Tahitian name. Today Hinano is an apparel brand that celebrates that island lifestyle. Our passion for the South Pacific islands and ocean culture is cultivated through our finest collection of men’s and women’s apparel.
Position Summary //
In this position, you will work closely with the Creative Director to develop strategy and scope of Hinano’s principal apparel line and developing boutique brands. You will be responsible for managing the design process from conception to implementation - including fabric development, trim selection, and establishing fit and size specs. You will execute tech packs, appropriate documentation and work with factories through the full design and development process. The ideal candidate will bring at least 5 years of previous design experience and can easily transition into a fast paced environment.
• Responsible for designing apparel in multiple categories, mens and womens, from concept to completion
• Research and provide innovative concepts on a seasonal basis
• Understand and assist in the merchandising, sales, and marketing needs of each category to collaborate on new concepts and programs
• Work closely with team to finalize details; trims, fabric selection, colors, etc.
• Strong knowledge of design process including trends, forecast, color, fabric, and style, construction, and fit
• Creative ability to visualize patterns, textures, prints and colors on garments
• Work with art director on catalog descriptions and color correcting
• Tech pack ownership: creation and maintenance
• Visit domestic and international factories, as needed
• 5-8 years of experience in apparel design; either men’s or women’s
• Strong knowledge of garment construction, tech packs, graphics and prints
• Tech pack experience; creation, maintaining and coordinating
• Strong organization skills, with close attention to detail
• Must be able to perform well under strict deadlines and follow timelines
• Easy-going personality while being able to express creativity confidently
• Must have a passion for ocean culture and inspired to be an integral part of the process
To Apply //
Please submit your brief cover letter, resume and portfolio samples (or links) through Malakye.