Product Development Engineer
- Industrial Revolution
- United States
- Tukwila, WA (Seattle Area)
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Are you an outdoor enthusiast and product engineer looking for your next adventure? Are you a hands-on engineer that loves making ideas a reality? UCO Gear is looking for you! We are a small, tight-knit company and growing our design & development team. We’ve been designing and making trusted outdoor gear in the PNW since 1971. Starting back in the 70’s with the Original Candle Lantern, that we still make to spec in our Tukwila office, and now offering a full line of innovative LED lighting, Headlamps, Fire Starting and Grilling products. We’re looking to grow our product portfolio with new outdoor solutions & help from you. Check us out at ucogear.com
• Design and execute primary research, including extensive end user field research, to identify, quantify, define, and guide the development of innovative products.
• Provide guidance in the development of product category innovation roadmaps, including identification of opportunity gaps and line planning.
• Development & manage project artifacts, including Timeline, BOM, Tooling plan, NPB, and Customer Requirements Specification.
• Work collaboratively to define functional design specifications to ensure products are competitive and desirable.
• 3D modeling of product designs for and final approval of design, function and cost before launching tooling. Manage tool list and annual tooling budget.
• Travel to factories to work with the engineering and production teams, ensuring standards of quality, cost and delivery are met.
• Coordinate with supply chain and factory to develop Product Development timeline that meets the needs of Sales, Marketing and Testing. Responsible for on-time delivery of samples & production buy-off.
• Develop test plan for new and existing products, including suggestions for running change improvements, product lifetimes and warranty guidelines
• Create master warranty manual as guide to Customer Service and Sales for key product function, specs, troubleshooting and repair
• Expand IR Standard Work Documentation archive of research methods, opportunity identification, Product planning, qualifying and testing to support team goals as a world-class Outdoor Product Development team.
Preferred Education / Experience:
• BS in Engineering or equivalent product development experience
• 2-5 years experience developing products from ideation to commercialization
• Skilled in Solidworks or other 3D modeling package
• Experience working closely with foreign and domestic factories
• Knowledge or background in User Centered Design process
• Understanding of the outdoor consumer, trending, & opportunities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com