- Industrial Revolution
- United States
- Tukwila, WA (Seattle Area)
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Are you an outdoor enthusiast and product designer looking for your next adventure? Do you love beautiful and functional design in the outdoors? Are you equal parts industrial & graphic designer that loves making ideas into reality? UCO Gear is looking for you! We are a small, tight-knit company and growing our design & development team. We’ve been designing and making trusted outdoor gear in the PNW since 1971. Starting back in the 70’s with the Original Candle Lantern, that we still make to spec in our Tukwila office, and now offering a full line of innovative LED Lighting, Headlamps, Fire Starting and Grilling products. We’re looking to grow our product portfolio with new outdoor solutions & help from you. Check us out at ucogear.com
• Design and execute primary research, including extensive end-user field research, to identify, quantify, define, and guide the development of innovative products.
• Develop story, image and style boards for to drive aesthetic decision making that satisfy brand standards.
• Provide “Voice of the Customer”(VOC) guidance from ideation through launch.
• Create design outlook and refined 3D rendering spec sheets to hand-off to engineering and factory for preparation of tooling drawings.
• Create color stories & product graphics that align with end-user market as well as brand guidelines.
• Support the validation of marketing copy, packaging, and advertising.
• Drive packaging design, development and approvals, with attention to customer needs. Work directly with factory to provide on-time approvals for samples and product buy-off.
• Develop key in-store product marketing material with feedback from Sales and customer needs. Work directly with factory to provide on-time approvals for samples and product buy-off.
• Coordinate with product development and supply chain teams to schedule sample delivery for photoshoots and direct photo collateral.
• BA in Industrial or Graphic design or equivalent product design experience
• 2-5 years experience designing products
• Skilled in hand-sketching, illustration, modeling and/or rendering
• Experience working closely with Engineering and Marketing (experience working directly with foreign and domestic manufacturing a huge plus).
• Knowledge or background in User Centered Design process
• Understanding of the outdoor consumer, trending, & opportunities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com