Intense Cycles, located in Temecula, Calif. is looking for a Product Manager to join the team to help us make the best mountain bikes on the planet.
The Product Manager is responsible for supply chain management and all product-related matters including collaboration with engineering, sales and marketing to build and execute the product line and vision. This role will take a product through the concept stage, into prototyping, testing, production and eventually the distribution of the item(s). This position reports directly to the CEO at INTENSE LLC.
1) Product Management: Leads the transformation of frame and component product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs and the overall objectives of the business. Responsible for the creation of BOM’s and management of product models and specifications. Creates and manages processes that will deliver a scalable product portfolio that will drive the business’s product profitability. Also conducts a process for continuous improvement in the product as well as the product’s compliance to meet consumer needs.
2) Global Relationships: Will be the lead in managing the global relationships with our suppliers and partners. Will investigate existing and new product offerings, strong cost analysis expertise and negotiation will be used to source component quotes and product sourcing.
3) Identifying Product Trends: Plays a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry and competition strategies from which recommendations on product pricing and positioning can be developed. Works with the marketing and product planning team to identify target consumer segments. Is willing to travel in order to research rider trends, meet with retailers and race team members to develop product that meets the needs of consumers and stays in line with INTENSE’s core values. Planning project scope, writing project briefs, developing timelines and leading the global engineering and development team to create Best in Class product.
4) Product Compliance: Homologation of product, scalability and risk management. Works with warranty and sales to team to ensure all B2B and B2C customer service needs (technical updates and product support) are met.
5) Supplier Negotiation: Responsible for negotiating with suppliers to assure alignment on product, capacity, pricing, timelines and other relevant terms and shipping conditions to develop and launch product.
6) Product Support: Work with R&D and Tech Services to have support materials and replacement parts on hand when product goes to market including warranty parts and manuals. Communicate new product details to global executive team prior to forecasting exercise and product launches.
7) Global Manufacturing: Oversee sourcing and manufacturing within Asia, Europe and the USA to ensure most streamlined processes are used. Price, import duty, lead-time and quality must be used as primary drivers for what products will be produced at each location. Work in conjunction with Demand Planning team on capacity, forecasting and monthly order process.
8) Product Packaging: Responsible for sourcing packaging materials for all products (bicycles to parts) ensuring the most efficient and stable packaging for their dimensions and weight.
9) Share the Vision: Communicate the product vision, features and functionality to the internal team (INTENSE employees, sales representatives, dealers, service centers and international partners). Will create project updates during travel to share progress with the internal team on all items ranging from R&D, pilot runs, photo shoots, production, product planning, logistics, shipping status and distribution.
10) Media Support: Actively supports the product launches and announcements by working with media on tests and making presentations as needed and discussed with marketing team for conferences, meetings and special events.
1. Must have a keen sense of what is driving trends and how to become a market leader within the bicycle industry.
2. Must have experience with mountain bike product testing including but not limited to ISO 4210 as well as standards for E-Bike testing as well as product safety requirements for all countries.
3. Must have knowledge of suspension including setup, tuning, leverage curves and anti-squat curves.
4. Must have knowledge of carbon fiber composites, forging, extrusion, CNC machining, anodizing, laser/etching, welding, injection molding, rapid prototyping, metal casting, painting processes, graphic applications, packaging and shipping.
5. Must have the ability to communicate with riders to garner feedback that aides in developing products that reflect their needs, around product design, form, fit and function.
6. Will be a collaborative team player ready to take feedback, with good listening skills and the ability to be open-minded.
7. Must have experience with Skype, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, eDrawings and other forms of relevant communication.
8. NetSuite experience is preferred.
9. Must have 4+ years’ experience in the bicycling industry.
10. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
11. Must have a current passport and willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
12. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese/Taiwanese language is preferred.
13. Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as use of a coordinate measuring machines is a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter through Malakye.com