The INTENSE PG&A Manager is responsible for supply chain management of the company’s parts, garments and accessories including collaboration with engineering, sales and marketing to build and execute the product line and vision. This role will take a product through the concept stage, into prototyping, testing, production and eventually the distribution of the item(s). This position reports directly to the Director of Finance & Operations at INTENSE LLC.
1) Product Management: Leads the transformation of PG&A product ideas/vision from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs and the overall objectives of the business. Owns the product roadmap for the company’s accessory product suite developed with a focus on customer expectation as well as market research, competitive analysis and benchmarking to help define product functions and features. Responsible for the creation of product management of models and specifications. Creates and manages processes that will deliver a scalable product portfolio that will drive the business’s product profitability. Also conducts a process for continuous improvement in the PG&A line while ensuring each product’s compliance to meet consumer and industry standards.
2) Global Relationships: Will be the lead in managing the global relationships with our suppliers and partners. Will investigate existing and new product offerings, strong cost analysis expertise and negotiation will be used to source PG&A component quotes and product sourcing. Evaluate market trends and competitor offerings and search for new opportunities and partnerships. Responsible for increasing profitability of existing products and developing new products based on market requirements.
3) Identifying Product Trends: Plays a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry and competition strategies from which recommendations on product pricing and positioning can be developed. Works with the marketing and product planning team to identify target consumer segments. Analyze competitive offerings to identify differentiators and set pricing. Is willing to travel in order to research rider trends, meet with retailers and race team members to develop product that meets the needs of consumers and stays in line with INTENSE’s core values.
4) Product Compliance: Ensure global compliance of product, scalability and risk management. Works with warranty and sales to team to ensure all B2B and B2C customer service needs (technical updates and product support) are met.
5) Supplier Negotiation: Responsible for negotiating with suppliers to assure alignment on product, capacity, pricing, timelines and other relevant terms and shipping conditions to develop and launch product. Identifies and cultivates appropriate potential new partners that can best complement company’s business and ensure future growth in parallel with new markets.
6) Product Support: Work with R&D and Tech Services to have support materials and replacement parts on hand when product goes to market including warranty parts and manuals. Communicate new product details to global executive team prior to forecasting exercise and product launches.
7) Global Manufacturing: Oversee sourcing and manufacturing within Asia, Europe and the USA (and any other relevant partner country) to ensure most streamlined processes are used. Price, import duty, lead-time and quality must be used as primary drivers for what products will be produced at each location. Work in conjunction with Demand Planning team on capacity, forecasting and monthly order process.
8) Product Packaging: Responsible for sourcing packaging materials for all PG&A products ensuring the most efficient and stable packaging for their dimensions and weight.
9) Share the Vision: Communicate the product vision, features and functionality to the internal team (INTENSE employees, sales representatives, dealers, service centers and international partners). Will create project updates during travel to share progress with the internal team on all items ranging from R&D, pilot runs, photo shoots, production, product planning, logistics, shipping status and distribution. Document and report on product profitability and operational product metrics.
10) Media Support: Actively supports the product launches and announcements by working with media on tests and making presentations as needed and discussed with marketing team for conferences, meetings and special events. Help create collateral that accurately reflects the product features and benefits. Work with marketing to develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for the product line.
1. Must have a keen sense of what is driving trends and how to become a market leader within the bicycle industry.
2. Must have experience with mountain bike product testing as well as product safety requirements for all countries.
3. Must have the ability to communicate with riders to garner feedback that aides in developing products that reflect their needs, around product design, form, fit and function.
4. Will be a collaborative team player ready to take feedback, with good listening skills and the ability to be open-minded.
5. Must have experience with Skype, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, eDrawings and other forms of relevant communication.
6. NetSuite experience is preferred.
7. Must have 4+ years’ experience in the bicycling industry.
8. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
9. Must have a current passport and willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
10. Knowledge of carbon fiber composites, forging, extrusion, CNC machining, anodizing, laser/etching, welding, injection molding, rapid prototyping, metal casting, painting processes, graphic applications, packaging and shipping is preferred.
11. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese/Taiwanese language is preferred.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.