- Confidential Company
- United States
- Costa Mesa
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Large, fast growing Orange County apparel manufacturer is looking for an accomplished Technical Designer to join the Men's design team. This position is the liaison between Design and Production and is responsible to maintain garment integrity regarding fit and construction.
Essential Job Duties:
• Take Designers initial sketch and create techpacks that ensure product construction details are properly called out with methods that are cost effective and production friendly (sewing details, POM, pictures, technical sketches, label placement, fabric details, packaging etc)
• Set up construction standards
• Suggest construction / style line changes to Design if needed to improve garment flow through factory floor
• Responsible for creating and maintaining block specs across all factories for consistency
• Create and maintain grade rules
• Communicate with developers, factory and QC regarding any fabric, trim and construction issues that may be potential problems
• Measure, evaluate and document all garment submits from fit proto sample through TOP. If product requires fit updates, you will send fit comments to the factory and update the specs and techpack accordingly.
• Participate in fittings, give fit suggestions and solutions while taking detailed notes to ensure fit and quality standards are met.
• Responsible for vendor communication during development stage for compliance of spec, construction, and grade to ensure product accuracy and on-time delivery
• Compile and write thorough fit comments with photos including spec updates, pattern corrections, construction improvements to effectively communicate with the factory.
• Review bulk production to ensure fit quality is met for the customer
• Manage Tracker on all fits with each factory and customer in time to meet production delivery due dates
• Other duties as assigned
• 5 years Technical Designer or Fit Tech experience in apparel Industry
• Men’s bottoms experience a must
Knowledge of garment construction, manufacturing methods, textiles, and interlinings and how they interact with the cutting and sewing of a garment
• Working knowledge of the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
• Solid understanding of pattern making and grading
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Power Point
• Strong communication skills and detail-oriented
• Works well in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have excellent time management to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills is a must
Please submit your resume and any supporting files through Malakye.com
Great work environment headed by industry veterans. Medical benefits. Room for growth. Reduced Friday hours during summer months.