Technical Design Intern
- Catalyst Creative Group
- United States
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
Catalyst Creative is a great place to contribute and learn as an Intern. You’ll be in a much stronger position for your full-time career after this internship and learning from some of the best in the business.
Intern will assist Technical Designer in daily duties including but not limited to; measuring garments with provided spec pages, pattern work, maintain and compile specs, assist in fittings, send comments to overseas vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Measure all garments that come into the department Proto, Pre-production and TOP.
• Maintain running list of samples coming into the department.
• Adjust and revise paper patterns when needed.
• Sit in fittings and assist Technical Designer prepping samples before fit.
• Help Technical Designer maintain pattern library.
• Write and send comments when needed.
• Sit in handover meetings between design, development and technical design.
• Assist with TECH PACK creation and provide design with construction call outs.
• Work closely with development to understand work flow and priorities.
• Assist with new development specs when needed.
• Understanding of garment construction
• Understanding of measuring points of measure and measure in a timely manner.
• Understanding of pattern making preferred.
• Knowledge of ILLUSTRATOR and PHOTO SHOP
• Ability to create TECH PACKS from scratch
• Understanding of garment fits and how to adjust when needed.
• Understanding of specs and grading.
• Experience working with overseas factories for sample development.
• Design background preferred but not required.
• Light understanding of production functions
Great work environment headed by industry veterans. Medical benefits. Room for growth. Reduced Friday hours during summer months.