Regional Merchandising Director, U.S. Wholesale
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
KEEN is looking to add a Regional Merchandising Director to its team in Portland, OR.
The Regional Merchandising Director, US Wholesale owns and drives the US Wholesale merchandising vision for KEEN, creating and driving the regional go-to-market merchandising vision, strategy, assortment plan, and related tools for KEEN US Wholesale as part of the global brand and business strategy and works cross-functionally within KEEN to execute the plan to achieve brand and revenue goals, sales growth, and profit maximization through a fan-centric focus at the regional level with alignment to the global brand.
As the Regional Merchandising Director, US Wholesale, your overall responsibilities include planning and driving all KEEN US Wholesale merchandising functions (analysis and regional assortment) as part of the seasonal go-to-market process, including but not limited to: planning innovative and compelling product collections and stories including new product and carryover product, directed assortments by channel, product flow, lifecycle management, analysis, pricing, healthy franchise management, SMU's as part of a sales strategy, and forecasting with sales for all wholesale channels within the US in a manner consistent with the strategic brand vision, positioning and revenue targets driven by KEEN fan insights/voice of the KEEN fan.
The ideal candidate must possess an inherent interest and sense of hybrid performance and style trends and have the analytical ability to forecast trends and plan product assortments accordingly. This person must rely on these traits and capabilities to make fiscally sound recommendations and to guide a team toward professional growth and success. This individual will work cross functionally with global and regional functions, including merchandising, GM's, product, marketing, value chain, finance, DTC and sales to ensure regional product assortments meet sales, market, trend, and margin requirements as directed by senior leadership resulting in profitable growth with brand integrity.
• US Wholesale Merchandising Vision + Plan:
o Responsible for the KEEN US Wholesale merchandising strategic plan and vision (working closely with US sales and global product business units) that supports long-term and in-season strategic initiatives as determined by KEEN senior management, business results and product performance.
o Deep understanding of KEEN's regional fans, competitors, trend and market insights to build collections and inform the global KEEN product team of needs and opportunities in the market as part of the long-term strategic plan.
o Delivery of a thoughtful regional, seasonal analysis to inform the global briefing process, summarizing the findings of competitive market shopping, online research, store visits and trade publication reviews through the KEEN product filter and fan target as well as cross-functional inputs from the business and product performance.
o Plan and lead the creation of innovative, commercial and brand-enhancing regional assortment designed for regional KEEN fans that deliver revenue, MSRP, margin, profitability, productivity, color/material guidance, construction, lifecycle targets, franchise management, channel segmentation plans and other metrics as required. Support regional fan and channel needs with specific inline and regionally-driven styles as required by the business (SMU's, limited editions, collaborations, exclusive product, etc.
o Work cross-functionally throughout the seasonal product process with the Global Merchandising, US Sales, Regional Business Unit teams and Regional Merchandising Directors/Managers in order to bring a cohesive, cross-merchandised, fan-focused line with compelling global and regional stories each season.
o Work with sales management for each US region and key account to develop a distinctive, effective and brand-appropriate distribution merchandising strategy by channel.
o Builds strategic merchandising plans in collaboration with sales and key wholesale partners as needed.
o Manage and monitor new product introductions and carryover product to ensure health of planned launch and/or lifecycle.
o Continuous improvement on SKU efficiency, margins, alignment.
• US Wholesale Go-To-Market Sell-In, Tools and Support:
o Support the successful sell-in and sell-through of the regional seasonal product line via close collaboration with product, merchandising, marketing, DTC, planning, value chain and sales to ensure market success.
o Build and utilize the necessary go-to-market tools in collaboration with regional sales and marketing to deliver results against plan.
o Act as a product evangelist, presenting pre-lines, sales meetings, key accounts, influencers and visiting editors as required with sales.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in merchandising, product creation and/or retail; footwear experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US wholesale footwear landscape and consumer insights.
• Ability to work with different sales partners (direct, partner, distributor).
• Proven increased management accountability.
• Strong understanding of competition.
• Proven leadership and people management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to independently utilize resources to increase knowledge.
• Demonstrated experience and success with strategic planning and business planning.
• Proven ability to successfully work in a highly cross-functional matrix environment.
• Knowledge of global and regional hybrid performance and style trends with the ability to translate into commercial concepts.
• Ability to successfully communicate cross-culturally as part of a global brand and merchandising team.
• Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel. Power Point, Word).
• Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a lean, entrepreneurial and global environment.
• Possess an inherent interest and sense of hybrid performance and style trends and have the analytical ability to forecast trends and plan and build product assortments accordingly.
• Direct and transparent approach to communication.
• Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity, collaboration and resourcefulness.
• Ability to deliver the art and science of merchandising (product assortment + analytics).
• Ability to successfully collaborate and cross-merchandise with DTC business units.
• Ability to effectively manage and mentor a team.
• Ability to lead and influence people in support of overarching business and category goals.
• Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and effective prioritization.
• Results orientation that is balanced between both long-term objectives and short-run performance.
• High energy, strong initiative, decisive, responsible and confident.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally at times in two-week segments.
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!