Global Product Line Manager, Trailhead (Hike)
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
KEEN Footwear is seeking a Global Product Line Manager for its Trailhead category.
The Global Product Line Manager, Trailhead manages the Trailhead global product line management function for KEEN. The ideal candidate must possess an inherent interest and sense of trail footwear performance and capabilities and have a passion for building performance product based on fan insight, innovation and end use functionality. The candidate must also have the analytical ability to forecast trends to build and plan product assortments accordingly as part of the strategic plan and vision for the Trailhead Category. These product assortments are created using the integration of fan, market, channel, assortment, segmentation, competitor, product trend and lifecycle analysis and sales data. The Trailhead Category includes Women's and Men's footwear product that is primarily designed for light hiking up to mid-mountain that is rooted in KEEN's outdoor product heritage.
You'll be responsible for identifying trends and opportunities based on analysis of product performance, fan insights, and competitors. You will develop seasonal initiatives and line plans designed to reach KEEN's seasonal goals, revenue/margin targets, product lifecycle targets and long-term strategic goals as part of a global strategy and will utilize these insights to provide clear product direction to the design and development teams and work cross-functionally within KEEN to develop product lines, meet key calendar dates, and achieve sales, margin, and corporate objectives.
* Global Product Vision, Strategic and Seasonal Plans
- Work with Business Unit Director, Trailhead on seasonal global and regional analysis to inform the global briefing process, synthesizing the findings and inputs including but not limited to: fan insights, product performance, assortment performance by channel/tier/key account/DTC, competitor analysis, trend reports, market research data, retail visits, brand strength, trade publications and analysts, the KEEN executive team, KEEN's regional and global business units.
- Plan and lead the briefing of innovative, commercial and brand-enhancing global product lines designed for global and regional KEEN fans that deliver revenue, MSRP, margin, profitability, productivity, color/material guidance, construction, lifecycle targets, channel segmentation plans and other metrics as required. Support regional fan and channel needs with specific inline and regionally-driven styles as required by the business (SMU's, limited editions, collaborations, exclusive product).
- Work with the Trailhead Product Team, ROFU (sourcing), Fuerst Group (design), FIL (innovation) and cross-functionally throughout the seasonal product process with the Lifestyle, Waterfront and Kids Business Units in order to bring a cohesive, cross-merchandised, fan-focused line with compelling stories each season delivered on-time, in-full and at high quality.
- Support long-term and in-season strategic initiatives via the global product line plan and seasonal briefing as determined by KEEN senior management and merchandising analytics.
- Continuous improvement on style/sku efficiency, margins, regional alignment and other key metrics as required.
- Manage and monitor new product introductions and carryover product to ensure health of planned launch and/or lifecycle.
- Align and motivate the product team to deliver product lines with compelling stories for both new and carryover styles that drive healthy and sustainable growth.
- Provide clear and effective cross-functional communication around the product line at key calendar checkpoints, meetings and product presentations as required (oral and written).
* Global Go-To-Market Tools and Support
- Support the successful sell-in and sell-through of the seasonal product line via close collaboration, communication and product data accuracy with design, development, commercialization, merchandising, marketing, DTC, planning, value chain and sales throughout the GTM process to deliver against seasonal targets.
- Support the global product creation and sell-in strategies with the necessary administrative tools, including but not limited to: product briefs, visual line plans, product descriptions, fan insights, tech sheets, packaging direction, product training information and other tools as needed.
- Act as a product evangelist, presenting as requested at pre-lines, sales meetings, key accounts, and visiting editors as required with sales.
- Serves as point of contact for all product line activities or inquiries from consumer services.
* A minimum of 5 years of progressive global experience in product creation; footwear experience as a team or department lead preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, preferred.
* Experience with performance footwear, preferred.
* Proven leadership and people/process management skills.
* Creativity and passion for product and seeing it successfully to market.
* Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, computer skills, and acumen for “retail math”.
* Full understanding of the product creation process and ability to collaborate and work within the seasonal calendars.
* Understanding of US and global markets with proven success in global range planning and forecasting.
* Clear understanding of the significance of pricing and its impact on profitability.
* Entrepreneurial spirit with the proven ability to collaborate on a new product line through innovation, identifying market opportunities, and inspiring through passionate story telling.
* Understanding of the millennial consumer and the footwear industry.
* Strong understanding of competition.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Demonstrates ability to independently utilize resources to increase knowledge.
* Demonstrated experience and success with strategic planning and business planning.
* Proven ability to successfully work in a lean, entrepreneurial, highly cross-functional matrix environment.
* Knowledge of global and regional hybrid performance and style trends with the ability to translate into commercial concepts.
* A thorough understanding of global consumer markets and trends.
* Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
* Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel. Power Point, Word).
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for a minimum of 8-10 weeks per year; at times in two-week segments.
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!