Senior Project Manager / Developer, Sandals
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
KEEN Footwear, located in Portland, OR, is seeking a Senior Project Manager / Developer.
The Sr. Project Manager/Developer will lead the technical product development of footwear product within the performance sandals category. You will ensure that quality prototypes are developed in accordance to the agreed upon time-line and the agreed upon deliverables, including costing. You will drive and manage product development projects and secure technical solutions from last, sole and mold construction, etc. Further, you will secure the documentation of fit and wear testing, engineering, grading and approval processes. In addition, you will ensure that manufacturing samples are made in accordance with KEEN process and product standards before production starts. Through critical thinking, you will drive the team to consensus and challenge the design and creative teams by proposing solutions on how to improve the product from a quality and margin optimization point of view. Through fact based decision making and expert level problem solving skills, you will provide options, recommendations, and solutions to problems. You'll actively influence and engage with the functional and extended product creation team members to ensure that category best practices are utilized to achieve product performance goals and consumer requirements. You'll act as a 'progress manager', highlighting critical paths to the team, and driving all aspects of meeting organization, communication, decision making, and information pertaining to projects, including project planning.
• Lead and manage multiple product development projects throughout the development process and into commercialization in line with the corporate calendar.
• Act as the lead contact/super user for the PLM system. Manage and approve tasks in the PLM systems in accordance with company calendar including production specification sheets.
• Drive project plans and manage progress accordingly. Ensure that decisions are made in accordance with agreed upon stage gates and that projects finish on time.
• Deliver prototypes on time and drive prototype meetings with the category team: PLM, Merchandiser, Designer, and Category Marketing Specialist.
• Develop and maintain assessment reports.
• Initiate and evaluate last development and specifications.
• Coordinate and channel in appropriate products in the category from ROFU development at Menlo Park and Fuerst Innovation Lab.
• Evaluate costing and propose optimization and engineering changes in order to maximize margins on a landed basis.
• Drive the process to ensure product meets performance, aesthetic and margin expectations as you will be responsible for Costing/Margin for respective category.
• Ensure both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products.
• Ensure all models are fit and wear tested at the appropriate times.
• Initiate and evaluate fit and wear test reports.
• Actively pursue best practices and continual process improvements.
• Contribute ideas for product design, construction, materials, compounds and components at an advanced level to achieve performance and margin targets.
• Mentor junior developers to help them increase their technical and project management skills.
• Responsible for approvel of last, LR samples, sales sample and production confirmation samples before production start-up.
• Work with Global Development Center in Thailand and contract manufacturing development centers to ensure on-time delivery of samples at critical milestones in line with product briefs.
• Align product development to supply chain in terms of product “buy readiness”
• All other tasks and duties as assigned – or whatever it takes to get it done.
• 7+ years of footwear development experience leading the development of high performance footwear projects.
• Shoemaker skill-set, highly preferred.
• Proved skills in project management.
• Demonstrated results-orientation. You need to get things done.
• Technical expertise in the basics of pattern engineering and subsequent costing/quality implications, model making, part drawings, drafting, 2D documentation, mold making, materials, customs and basic manufacturing processes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new concepts and ideas.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat (Adobe Illustrator, a plus).
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, partners, products or other departments within the company.
• In-depth knowledge of material applications, material costing, lead-times and MOQ implications.
• Be an active problem solver and critical thinker.
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!