Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Inventory Control Clerk, you play a key role in ensuring smooth and accurate DC operations. You partner with the DC leadership team to identify, document and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner. You will partner with the Wave Planner to ensure waves are completed in a timely manner through continued communication with management in the Outbound departments. You will also perform cycle counts as part of our twice-yearly cycle count process in accordance with Finance and FTZ guidelines.
⏵ Collaborate with Operations teams (Receiving, Picking, Packing, VAS, and Shipping) to investigate inventory discrepancies, find root causes for inaccurate completion of the workload, and correct process issues.
· Monitor, analyze, and report all inventory discrepancies to the Inventory Supervisor and Lead
· Use material handling equipment to move and store product within the warehouse
· Research and resolve inventory discrepancies and may be required to adjust errors in the system, under the direction of the Supervisor.
· For inventory overages identified, unpack and return items to stock and keep inventoried items organized and readily accessible for the Picking department
· Communicate inventory shortages and outstanding orders to Runner Experience team
· Complete variance reports documenting research and resolution of any discrepancies
· Examine inventory for defects, wear or damage, and report any issues identified
· Repair any damaged footwear boxes that are identified by the Operations teams
· Monitor inventory levels via the WMS to determine if replenishment is required
· Perform cycle counts and assist in physical inventory counts on a regular basis
· Consistently strive for positive results per Cycle Count policy metrics in Quality and Location Accuracy.
· Adjust inventory in accordance with all C-TPAT and FTZ guidelines
· Frequent overtime required, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that all customers are serviced according to predetermined SLAs
⏵ High school diploma and/or equivalent; or
⏵ 3+ years warehousing or material-handling equipment experience (ie, stock picker, walkie rider, pallet jack, swing reach, etc.).
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in WMS applications and Microsoft Office.
· Detail-oriented with strong clerical skills. Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization.
· Must have good math skills.
· Ability to think and respond quickly and adjust schedules and plans in response to unplanned events.
· Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. frequently, 40 lbs. occasionally, and 50 lbs. seldomly
· Ability to frequently sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, required
· Ability to work a regular work schedule and flexible work schedule when needed; overtime when necessary during the scheduled workweek, weekends and holidays when work volume dictates the need, required
· Ability to work independently, provide first-rate customer service, exercise flexibility when asked to transition into other tasks, demonstrate effective organizational and multi-tasking skills, and demonstrate excellent time management skills, required
· Ability to work effectively with others, build and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with co-workers, and maintain a calm demeanor in stressful situations, required
· Adherence to the DC Attendance Policy is an essential component of the job
· Ability to embrace and live Brooks’ values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job