Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Brooks is rapidly modernizing and expanding its data and analytics platform leveraging cloud capabilities. As the business need, volume, variety, and velocity of data consumed grows so does the need to strategically plan, iterate on data models, and understand the data at a detailed technical level and from a business perspective. The successful candidate will be the glue that brings the different data & analytics disciplines together (data platform / engineering, enterprise information management, and business intelligence / data science) in support of the organizational data needs. You must be well versed in data warehousing models and how those apply in the cloud, learn our data, establish and enforce best practices, and be able to answer both tactical and strategic questions. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who will ensure we anticipate business needs and harness the power of the platform to deliver next-level capabilities.
• Obtain, retain, and evolve comprehension of data in the data warehouse for tactical (as-is) and strategic (to-be) needs.
• Strategically plan for and optimize data into appropriate structures (e.g. departmentally aligned solutions) for business uses
• Translate business needs into well defined requirements for all analytical data work.
• Build and maintain all levels of Data Models with corresponding metadata for all analytical uses.
• Conceptual – based on business requirements and validated with business SMEs; mapped to KPIs / core metrics
• Logical – based on Conceptual model with appropriate levels of details (entities and attributes, tables, columns, relationships, structures, and assessment of slowly changing dimensions, etc.)
• Physical – inclusive of physical model and implementation through use of tools or “by hand”
• Define data dictionary / business glossary based on newly developed models.
• Conduct Data Model health assessments with business users to ensure Physical Models are meeting their needs.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models
• Thought Leadership: Collaborate with data platform / data engineering, enterprise information management, and business intelligence / data science teams to define and implement data and analytical solutions. Collaborate effectively with multiple teams and management to understand data, analytical, and reporting goals and objectives. Stay on top of new trends and capabilities in the greater data management space (e.g. noSQL, graph, in-memory, etc.)
• Business Analysis Support: Troubleshoot and re-mediate production data questions and issues using native SQL and business intelligence tools. Educate business users on the structure of models, how to obtain data, and knowledge of which entities to leverage
• Participate in Data Engineering efforts to effectively design ingest models and how those would flow through to analytical uses
• Participate in Information Management efforts to effectively ensure high quality data
• Subject matter expert for support of federated team of data analysts
• B.S. in computer science, MIS, or related field preferred
• 7+ years professional experience (consulting preferred) in data modeling, business analysis, data mining and data architecture concepts and techniques
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud database systems (Snowflake preferred)
• Hands on experience in various data warehouse modeling methodologies like Kimball & Inmon
• Expertise in 3NF, Star and Snowflake schemas
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, specific ability to break-down technical topics into non-technical audiences
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Effective problem-solver, with extraordinary analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively within a larger team
• Expert-level knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, MSSQL, TSQL and NoSQL) including programmability features and techniques
• Advanced proficiency with Excel (e.g. pivot tables, database connections, etc.)
• Proficiency with data blending tools such as Alteryx
• Proficiency with data visualization tools and experience with building effective data visualizations (Tableau, PowerBI)
• Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, R, matlab, with Python preferred
• Knowledge of enterprise information management and the components thereof
• Actively works to learn new skills in order to stay current with changing technologies and industry trends
• Exposure to data science technologies and capabilities
• Embraces and lives Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job