Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Lead Web Developer is responsible for evaluating, architecting and building enterprise-level web applications as well as play a key role in managing and delegating work to the development team. They will lead the day-to-day work of the developers, various third-party technology partners and contractors to help Brooks deliver fast, responsive and highly interactive mobile-first experiences for our runners. Key responsibilities for this role will focus on task assignment and management responsibilities that help to train and mentor others, document system architecture and design patterns while leading by example through writing code that is scalable, modular, and resuable. Successful candidates will be equally comfortable leading projects, providing technical expertise, advising on solutioning efforts and estimations, and working side side-by-side with both technical and non-technical team members to ensure that provided solutions meet the needs of a growing and fast-paced technology team.
• Lead the work for a team of software developers in a workstream.
• Provide day-to-day guidance of web development work targets and priorities.
• Develop high quality software solutions.
• Collaborate with Design, Product Management, Project Management, Devops and QA Management team to provide the development perspective on solution efforts.
• Build relationships with internal and external business partners to align on building and delivering successful customer-driven solutions.
• Recognize and lean in to exploring new opportunities that improve the development process pipeline and its sequencing.
• Recommend new tools, systems and services that expand the development team’s capabilities and knowledge.
• Lead by example by writing code that is scalable, modular, and reusable.
• Continuously raise the bar to improve best practices for the web development team.
• Evaluate development and dependent system solutions and provide recommendations.
• Train and mentor development team members.
• Provide level of effort and capacity assessments on new projects.
• Other responsibilities as required
• BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in a customer-facing/web environment
• Proven ability to lead and mentor a development team in the work required
• Expertise in software development technologies and understanding of system flows and work processes to achieve successful delivery: SDLC, IDE’s, Code repositories like Github, QA/Testing environments, build servers and release management
• Expertise in responsive and adaptive web design techniques
• Expert knowledge of website performance and optimization techniques
• Expertise in building progressively-enhanced, mobile-first web apps using modular, unit-testable components
• Experience working in Agile/SCRUM delivery teams
• Ability to integrate with third-party services in an effective way
• Demonstrated ability to document and train on best practice development patterns and mentor/demonstrate their benefit to teammates
• Experience in level of effort estimations
• Experience in working with technology partners, vendors and contractors to deliver
• Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
• Salesforce Commerce Cloud and/or Sitecore experience is a plus
• A passion for running and the running lifestyle is a plus
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job