Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Brooks Technical Representative will lead and execute the field support strategy in all distribution channels located within their respective territory of North Bavaria to increase market share, amplify Brooks’ product leadership, and create recognition, awareness and loyalty for the brand.
• Lead the overall field support efforts for Brooks at both SRA and Non-Specialty accounts located within the territory.
• Support the Sales and Marketing teams with product launches, in-store merchandising, and innovative grassroots programs at all accounts.
• Work with Sales management and Marketing on the success of National Account sell-thru programs/in-store promotions; all Tec Rep’s are accountable for an established sell-thru number for a pre-determined store base within their respective territory.
• Educate and motivate the retailer, consumer, and all key points of contact about Brooks technology and product leadership via product seminars and clinics.
• Work the sales floor at accounts as assigned – be an expert at driving product sell-thru in all channels.
• Represent Brooks at national (and selected local) running events and expos -- including set-up, breakdown, distribution of collateral, interaction with consumers and product trial.
• Provide feedback and analysis via bi-weekly field reports to measure effectiveness of product initiatives and sales strategies; identify new opportunities for growth within or outside the running industry.
• Maintain appearance of leased company vehicle and all Brooks equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Sales/Retail Management preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of retail experience (Athletic Specialty preferred).
• 2+ years of Marketing/Sales experience within the sports industry preferred.
• Highly-motivated and energetic with an enthusiastic attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Very strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company. Works well independently, as well as within a team.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Basic knowledge of retail math, inventory management, product merchandising and retail selling skills.
• Knowledge of performance athletic footwear/apparel/accessories and their related technologies.
• Knowledge of the biomechanics of human motion; understanding of injury prevention basics.
• Understanding of the territory’s local running community (events, clubs, coaches, specialty retailers).
• Extensive travel required; able and willing to work weekends and extended hours as required.
• Must show proof of good driving record upon request.
• Fluency in German and good understanding of business English are an absolute must.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job