Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Manager, Sports Marketing, you will lead, develop and execute our Sports Marketing strategy. Leveraging our sponsored athletes and Sports Marketing programs, you will develop and implement a plan to reinforce Brooks’ credibility and authenticity in the sport of running. You will lead the Sports Marketing department and have ownership over all Sports Marketing initiatives, programs, and events. This position will manage all athletes and athlete-related programs including prospective athlete related matters, contract negotiations, signing of athletes, management of existing athlete programs, owned events and programs. (PRI Meet, ID Coaches, Brooks PR Program, Brooks Booster Club and Inspiring Coaches Program. You will lead and effectively manage the Sports Marketing Specialist to ensure seamless execution of department programs and initiatives.
• Manage all aspects of the Brooks athlete programs (Brooks Hanson’s Original Distance Project and Brooks Beasts Track Club) including scouting, recruitment, contract negotiation, appearances and branding.
• Ensure athletes are promoting Brooks’ brand and are integrated into Brooks overall Marketing initiatives to fully leverage their impact. Work cross functionally with Brand Marketing and Social Media Marketing to execute and ensure alignment.
• Develop strategic plans to increase Brooks brand awareness via athlete programs. Create integration with a variety of cross functional teams, both within Marketing and throughout other areas of the organization. Drive plans and project manage your initiatives to ensure seamless execution.
• Own prospective athlete matters including pre-season planning and budget forecasting.
• Act as the primary Brooks contact for key athletes and work closely with their agents to define and ensure execution of deliverables.
• Own the strategy and execution of the Brooks Booster Club (BBC) and the Inspiring Coaches Program (ICP) and all related cross functional needs.
• Design campaigns to amplify the messaging for BBC and ICP and define the integration of these programs with other Marketing activations and programs.
• Own the strategy and execution of the Brooks PR program and define how to utilize this program to achieve key KPIs while ensuring integration and alignment to the brand.
• Own the relationship with Runnerspace and ensure deliverables are met and KPI’s are achieved.
• Own the strategic plan, integrated leadership and lead the execution of all Sports Marketing led events and activations, inclusive of the PRI Invitational and Olympic trials.
• Own the planning and execution of the PRI including all meet logistics, athlete recruiting, event management, venue selection, athlete experience programming, meet broadcasting, meals and events for athletes etc.
• Ensure that event KPI’s are achieved and that the meet aligns to brand standards. Drive cross functional alignment and support across all Brooks channels and creative integrations.
Manage Sports Marketing Team
• Work closely with the Sports Marketing Specialist to ensure that key programs are being executed, that deliverables are being met and that KPIs are achieved.
• Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
Budget and Metrics
• Own budget and global and regional strategy for the channel to ensure our objectives are met for each program.
• Create KPI’s and a scorecard to measure and communicate results of all events and programs to key stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor’s degree in sports marketing preferred.
• Minimum 7+ years of marketing experience in the athletic footwear industry, or experience working in a retail or athletic environment
• 3+ years experience managing people, coaching, developing and leading a high performing team.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Strong management, presentation, and communication skills
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Proven initiative and organizational skills with an eye for detail
• Ability to work professionally and efficiently with company partners, athletes, and coaches
• Computer proficiency required with office software - i.e. PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job