Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Runner Experience Lead you will support a team of Customer Service Specialists in all aspects of their work. You will model exemplary customer service by responding to overflow queues and handling escalated customer inquiries. In this role, you will pro-actively monitor inbound queue volumes and ensure daily staffing needs are met. You will deliver training and provide individual coaching and professional support to Specialists to ensure the team delivers superior Run Happy customer service.
• Maintain Consumer team focus towards the department vision and mission statements.
• Participate in driving a culture of service, inspiring others to find joy in helping runners select the best gear for their purchase.
• Work with Customer Service Manager to ensure team metrics are being met
• Handle difficult situations with the Run Happy Spirit
• Train new employees and further develop current team members.
• Participate in the interview process during Customer Service Specialist recruitment.
• Support Consumer team in daily queue responsibilities, including phone calls, chat messages, and emails when volume requires
• Ensure daily staffing needs are met
• Monitor calls, chat or emails to ensure quality and consistency
• Monitor attendance and time-card reporting of Customer Service Specialists
• Assist with process documentation initiatives
• Assess daily omni-channel contact trends/volumes to ensure highest levels of service are being delivered to runners via chat, email, mail, social media text & phone.
• Serve as subject matter expert on Brooks product & department systems; act as a go-to resource for a team of 10-20 Specialists serving retail and ecommerce consumers accessing the brand via multiple points of purchase.
• Serve as the first line for escalated inquiries
• Conduct bi-weekly one-on-one’s with an average of 5 Specialists to discuss performance, metrics, & workload to identify opportunities and strategies to improve quantity and quality of the work.
• Listen to calls and provide step-by-step feedback to Specialists about the quality of the interaction.
• Participate in cross-functional team meetings to ensure bi-directional feedback loops between the team and the rest of the organization.
• Collect, write, disseminate information about Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), business initiatives/changes to and from the team.
• Participate in planning and delivery of individual & group training.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years customer service experience required demonstrating the ability to handle escalated situations well.
• 1+ years in a leadership role, leading a team or managing direct reports
• Associate's Degree in related field; may be substituted with equivalent, relevant experience; Bachelor’s degree a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with adverse situations positively.
• Can work in a high-paced environment and stay positive
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented, strong organization and documentation skills
• Proven ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
• A passion for an active and healthy lifestyle
• Knowledge of athletic footwear, athletic apparel, and sports bras preferred
• High typing speed & demonstration of intermediate to advanced computer skills like mastery of key commands as well as sophisticated functions of software preferred
• Experience with any/all of the following preferred: SalesForce, Infor Smart Office - M3 (ERP), Social Media, Cybersource; experience quickly learning new programs and understanding the connection between systems.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job