Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks 3D CAD Designer, you will be responsible for delivering 3D CAD files and Keyshot render files and maintaining a full digital catalog of our Footwear. You are a vital resource for digital design within Footwear at Brooks. You will design tools that will be used in many aspects of our Footwear design process, from visualization of color, material, and form to Finite Element Analysis and Biomechanical Virtual Testing. As the 3D CAD Designer, you will need a balance of both creativity and technical skill to be successful. Your role will share knowledge and experience on how to build 3D models and render capabilities across key departments.
• Efficiently create and revise surface / solid models according to modeling best practices and manufacturing standards.
• Identify new methods for evolving our 3D building process to get better every day and add to our knowledge base.
• Translate design concepts into reality and use 3D to make our footwear easier to understand in terms of design, color and materialization.
• Update and modify existing models as required.
• Establish and monitor your individual deadlines and ensure adherence to overall project timelines and accurate completion of projects. Identify and communicate potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise.
• Plan, create, develop, and/or maintain 3D CAD models for concept, new and existing products.
• Work with internal/external resources to create a digital CAD library of our products, including a top to bottom model of each style for each season.
• Create, maintain and organize 3-D shared design standards, specifications and templates across all product lines.
• Execute 3D printing with our in-house and contracted printers as needed.
• Present concepts and designs to Footwear team clearly and effectively.
• Proactively flag critical issues for consideration that may impact production and/or quality of final product (e.g., meeting of tolerances, reliability) when creating 3D models.
• Learn methods and techniques of building 3D CAD and keep up-to-date on advancements in CAD technologies;
• Continuously deepen your understanding of performance footwear construction, consumer knowledge, biomechanics, and design philosophy to grow your design skills.
• To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
• 5+ years of 3D CAD experience (using applications such as Rhino, Moto, KeyShot, etc.), required
• Footwear specific knowledge preferred but not required
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability and interest in teaching
• Ability to efficiently create and revise surface / solid models
• Proven ability to manage contractors and internal resources
• Interest and ability to create unique solutions
• Ability to use Illustrator and Photoshop
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job