Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Note: This is a 5 month temporary assignment beginning in August 2020 and ending in January 2021.
The eCommerce Merchandiser is responsible for helping to grow our digital business by driving and executing all product campaigns on Brooksrunning.com. This individual will manage the product lifecycle on our site and will report out to teams on inventory health, sell through, trends, etc. so that channels may react and optimize appropriately. This person will manage the day-to-day of promotions and customer groups on Brooksrunning.com, collaborating closely with our Runner Experience Team, Distribution Center, and digital marketing teams. They will use trends and competitive research to inform on new ways to bring Brooks’ products to life through smart merchandising techniques, curated collection offerings, or new functionality. This person should have a passion for data and storytelling – using the combination of these skillsets to bring our product to life online through optimized and personalized journeys.
• Responsible for the digital presentation of product and execution of seasonal go-to-market plans
• Collaborate with product and marketing teams to ensure accurate and optimal placement and marketing of products within categories, navigation, and recommenders
• Report on product insights based on customer behavior, sell through and market trends. Use these insights to drive decisions for future seasons
• Responsible for showcasing product on Brooksrunning.com utilizing merchandising tools such as onsite search, product recommendations, sort, collections, etc.
• Be the Brooksrunning.com product expert and “go-to” for product- or collection- related questions.
• Use sell-through, inventory, conversion, and other data to inform merchandising decisions
• Use industry insights, channel marketing plans, and Brooks integrated marketing calendar to develop seasonal curated collections that inspire runners
• Monitor merchandising performance and leverage AB testing to move the needle against KPIs
• Bring new ideas for outfitting, promotions, and recommenders in order to encourage increased units per order and average order value
• Partner with Digital Products team on bringing new runner-first merchandising functionality to our site
• Develop new ways to personalize our product experience via sorting rules, recommendations, search, etc. for a friction-less online journey
• Partner closely with the Content Strategy Team to execute against the editorial calendar and build campaign-oriented content
• Collaborate with the creative team to secure assets for eCommerce campaigns and product launches.
• Implement and maintain site promotions, optimizing regularly towards eCommerce KPIs.
• Perform QA/maintenance of Brooksrunning.com and partner sites to ensure all product-related information is accurate
• Work with SEO team to ensure merchandising assets and deliverables are optimized for organic search performance
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar required.
• 1+ years experience working within Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) required.
• 2-3 years of experience executing online customer experiences.
• Experience in apparel and/or footwear ecommerce required.
• Ability to efficiently analyze data and tell it’s story to stakeholders
• Curious mindset with a bias towards action to move ideas into reality.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
• Is a problem solver. Proactively seeks creative solutions to achieve better UX/UI.
• Data oriented. Uses quantitative data, hierarchical understanding, and causal thinking to find answers.
• Experience with JIRA, Smartsheet, and other project management tools preferred
• Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
• SQL experience is a plus.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
• Aptitude for organization, flexibility, and producing results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, copy-writing experience a plus.
• Strong runner focus/ability to anticipate and react to runner needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job