Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
NOTE: Duration of internship: 6 months (September 2020 to March 2021)
Pay Rate: $18.00/hour
Location: Seattle, WA
Please apply if you can commit to the duration, salary and location for these opportunities.
The Product Fit and Wear Intern will gain hands on experience of product from the leading running brand Brooks Running Company. The primary responsibilities of the Product Fit and Wear Intern will be to assist in internal and external product wear testing. You will support the Fit and Wear Test Analysts as they collect information from wear testers across the nation to contribute key perceptual information in regards to fit, performance and design. This information is critical for our multi-departmental infrastructure, including Development, Design and Merchandising to ensure that performance integrity of our product meets the needs of our end consumers. You will also gain knowledge on how the fit and wear testing perceptual feedback influences the design and development of athletic product at Brooks.
• Assist with internal and external fit and wear test data collections
• Assist with the management of Brooks wear test community social media accounts
• Assist with original wear test research that leads to innovating fit and wear learnings and procedures
• Create fit and wear test reports using Tableau, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word
• Become familiar with the athletic product design features and components and how they influence fit and feel.
• Develop loyal, engaging relationships with our fit and wear testers and the Brooks community
• Other duties as assigned
• Current college (undergraduate or graduate) student or within one year of graduation working on degree in kinesiology, physiology, bioengineering, biomechanical or mechanical engineering.
• Product creation or running retail experience is ideal.
• Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc). Experience with Tableau visualization dashboards is ideal.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
• Ability to demonstrate effective time management skills
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
• Minimum commitment of 6 months
• Must be available to work at least 30 hours per week
• Distribution of hours must be fairly consistent and comprise of no less than 4 hour blocks
• Ability to arrange transportation to Headquarter’s Laboratory in Seattle, WA
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job