Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Lead, eCommerce Merchandising will execute the seasonal go to market plans. This person will play a key role in defining our footwear, apparel, and run bra product assortment with a bias towards online product shopping and purchasing trends. You will provide reporting and analysis on current seasonal performance to stakeholders on Product, Marketing and eCommerce teams. This role will be responsible for inspiring and educating customers about our product lines through smart merchandising tactics and visualization. You will support the eCommerce Manager in defining how Brooks product “shows up” on our website including, but not limited to: photography, outfitting, collections, search, etc. The perfect candidate will have an “eye” for online merchandising best practices (and even create their own best practices) across merchandising mediums to drive growth in key product channels. You will lead and effectively manage the eCommerce Merchandiser to ensure seamless execution of department initiatives.
• Execute long-term merchandising strategy to grow apparel, run bra, and footwear direct business to meet and/or exceed company revenue and profitability goals.
• Develop seasonal online promotion calendar to drive sales while maintaining Brooks as a leader in premium running product.
• Work closely with retail analytics team in securing product for future seasons in order to support campaigns, achieve business goals, and anticipate runner needs.
• Support and participate in seasonal product alignment meetings to drive decisions on future product based on current and predicted runner trends.
• Share data and insights with the digital team on Brooks eCommerce product performance and future trends to inform eCommerce best practices, needs and future strategy.
• Represent eCommerce during product pre-line meetings to ensure colors, styles, and other product attributes are meeting the needs of the runner.
• Define merchandising go to market plans for brooksrunning.com across North America regions.
• Utilize reporting data & analytics to improve business performance and inform merchandising strategies to drive growth and increase average units per order.
• Partner closely with the Content Strategy Manager to contribute to product marketing plans as they relate to business goals.
• Lead the eCommerce Merchandiser in execution of the merchandise strategy with the goal of defining Brooksrunning.com as a premium and personalized digital shopping experience.
• Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of the eCommerce Merchandiser to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
• Advocate for opportunities to test and learn in all aspects of the job from product assortment to online runner journey.
• Partner closely with product teams and product marketing teams to drive online merchandising performance and build a collaborative culture that ensures accountability.
• Collaborate closely with Digital Products and build business cases for new functionality requests that will drive direct revenue
• Research and evaluate current processes and programs and define opportunities for improvement and/or expansion.
• Understand how runner needs and expectations vary by locale and share insights to inform our merchandising strategy.
• 3+years experience in online merchandising for footwear/apparel required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar required.
• 2+ years experience working within Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) required.
• 1+ years management experience preferred
• Proven track record of driving and achieving results through analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/ recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with engineering and marketing teams
• Proficiency in Adobe Analytics is preferred
• Has a passion for and ability to anticipate future product trends and needs.
• Experience with AB testing tools such as Optimizely preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities under aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision
• Curious mindset with a bias towards action to move ideas into reality.
• Is a problem solver. Proactively seeks creative solutions to achieve better UX/UI.
• Data oriented. Uses quantitative data, hierarchical understanding, and causal thinking to find answers.
• Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
• Aptitude for organization, flexibility, and producing results.
• Strong customer focus/ability to anticipate and react to user needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based