Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Retail Sales Associate I you are absolutely critical to delivering the premium level of customer service our consumers have come to expect. This team member brings the “Run Happy” shopping experience to Brooks consumers, offers expert guidance on fit and product selection, and makes the time they spend in our store the best part of their day! You won’t just be working in a store; you’ll be working at Brooks HQ as well! It is your job to bring the best of the brand to all who walk through the door.
• Be awesome. Create energy. Inspire those around you. Be FUN. Elevate the Brooks brand!
• Provide consumers with premium, Run-Happy service and in-depth product information.
• Be a storyteller, and a fantastic listener who gets to the core of customers’ needs and makes them feel at home, regardless of their athletic ability.
• Guide consumers in the selection and purchase of Brooks gear.
• Develop a keen ability to understand and empathize with runners and those aspiring to be active.
• Provide expert fitting and gait analysis service, matching consumers with the right product for them.
• Participate in any and all store sales floor/stock area merchandising and clean-up as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Store Operations Manager.
• Demonstrate regular and dependable attendance and punctuality.
• 2+ years of retail experience. Strong sales and service experience is a big plus.
• Availability to work up to 24 hours per week (two to three shifts), including evenings and weekends.
• Moderate computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new computer/Point Of Sale (POS) programs.
• Accurate cash-handling and inventory counting abilities. Basic retail math a plus.
• Outstanding customer service and conversational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust, resulting in effective working relationships with consumers, Brooks Employees, and other members of the Brooks community.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
• Comfort in interacting with a wide range of people, from brand new runners, to elite athletes, to corporate executives.
• Keen attention to detail in the execution of tasks.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our consumers and the Brooks community.
• Dedication to the Brooks values!
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job