Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Senior HR Manager, Distribution you will play a key role in shaping culture and influencing how people work at the Brooks DC. You will oversee all Human Resources functions for the facility and partner closely with the senior leadership of Brooks Global Supply Chain team to develop and execute a comprehensive human capital strategy for Brooks distribution. The Senior HR Manager will oversee HR programs and processes from conception and planning to implementation and communication in partnership with the Director of NA Distribution to ensure the overall DC HR objectives are accomplished. You will identify opportunities for Human Resources to add value and drive employee engagement. It’s important that this role anticipate the needs of the business through tracking key analytics and using data to forecast and track trends to anticipate future needs.
The Senior HR Manager will be the key steward in promoting and maintaining Brooks culture and will serve as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant to drive leadership capability and team effectiveness at our Distribution Center. This individual will understand business priorities and translate them into a HR agenda which aligns with business objectives.
People: 2-4 direct reports; 300+ employee headcount
Facility: 500K+ square foot
Operations: Brooks & 3PL DC, Foreign Trade Zone, 24/6 Operations – Retail & Ecommerce
• Partner with the Global Supply Chain Leadership team (VP of Global Supply Chain, Senior Director of Global Distribution and Director of NA Distribution) to deliver strategic business insight to guide development of programs to support the people strategy.
• Develop a comprehensive people strategy in partnership with Senior Director of HR Talent to align with business objectives and mitigate risk.
• Translate business goals into recommendations for programs, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements on business objectives for the Brooks distribution center.
• Identify key HR metrics to assess organizational success and our market competitiveness.
• Use HR data insights and analytics to inform decisions regarding headcount and structure, organizational performance, attrition, retention, productivity and employee engagement.
• Use qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem-solving and root cause analysis. Present relevant HR metrics and insights into the business to drive the focus and execution of set strategy.
• Leads and mentor the HR team. Provide team with strategic direction and monitor and evaluate HR team effectiveness relative to achieving business results and established HR goals and KPIs.
• Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
• Lead the Brooks DC team through HR process and program implementation and change management throughout the organization
• Partner with DC functional leaders to ensure that HR programs, policies and processes are aligned with company objectives and culture.
• Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
• Partner with HQ HR team to understand core HR programs and modify as needed to implement and deliver to the DC organization.
• Parnter with DE&I leadership to develop and carry out a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan that fosters a culture of equity in alignment with Brooks values.
• Research and recommend competitive compensation and employee incentive programs and partner with HR Operations to develop and implement at the DC.
• Create and deliver or identify vendor training programs to support the development of DC leadership capability.
• Provide support to DC leadership during the annual merit process acting as an advisor on salary and promotion recommendations.
• Oversee the HR Teams talent management process for the DC: recruiting, talent sourcing, onboarding, performance reviews, succession planning, and people development.
• Oversee HR Operations: benefits, compensation, HRIS, compliance, policies, and payroll. Develop, manage, and track the HR budget for the DC.
• Other projects as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business preferred, or commensurate experience.
• SHRM-CP or SCP, or SPHR or PHR certification required.
• 10+ years’ experience as an HR Generalist or above.
• 5+ years’ experience in managing and driving a HR team with 2-4 direct reports.
• 4+ years’ working in a Distribution Center or other production type of environment required.
• Advanced knowledge of both federal and state employment laws including FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA a plus.
• Strong project management skills, including prioritizing and organizing work, as well as delivering quality work by established deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to build trust and respect within the organization.
• Extremely detail-oriented and ability to meet multiple competing deadlines while effectively balancing workload.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information professionally and discreetly.
• Computer proficiency with HRIS systems, and MS Office programs.
• Exceptional service attitude and demonstrated willingness to help others.
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle!!!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion