Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Logistics Specialist, you’re responsible for the day to day operations and decision making to support global logistics and distribution for Brooks footwear & apparel product. You will manage processes that ensure accurate, timely and compliant movement of Brooks product. You will partner with Trade Compliance, Distribution, Finance, Footwear & Apparel Operations, REx team, Brooks Subsidiaries, factory vendors, and transportation service providers to support global supply chain execution.
• Organize international transportation including domestic inbound delivery to US distribution centers and other domestic locations for Brooks purchase orders.
• Monitor purchase order plan dates from ex factory to DC delivery and ensure dates are accurate in the system.
• Responsible for daily outbound Canada customer order shipment processing including cross border Canada Customs documents, freight billing, and communication with 3PL and other related groups.
• Plan and manage foreign to foreign order allocation and delivery schedule with 3PL consolidators for APLA footwear & apparel purchase and customer orders.
• Oversee global footwear and apparel sample programs by partnering with internal teams, factories, 3PL, and transportation service providers to plan, communicate shipping instructions, and facilitate the pick, pack, and delivery of footwear and apparel samples to North America, EMEA, and APLA regions.
• Organize Ex-USA export shipments including booking arrangement, documentation, delivery, and duty drawback follow up for customer orders to destinations worldwide.
• Serve as the main point of contact for parcel courier ship stations and related issues at US HQ office.
• Audit, research and approve freight and other related invoice exceptions from logistics service providers in CT Logistics web resolution portal.
• Settle factory and international distributor invoices by bank letter of credit, wire transfer and GT Nexus.
• Maintain standard operating procedures, work manuals, vendor guides and general Logistics procedure documentation.
• Compile data and maintain bench marking reports for performance measurements and quality management.
• Keep informed of trade compliance, US Customs regulations and logistics requirements.
• Assist the team on special projects and perform other related duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in supply chain, international studies or business), or equivalent experience in related fields.
• 1+ years of work experience or equivalent background in international trade, logistics and transportation.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.), required.
• Understanding and experience operating as a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), a plus.
• Working knowledge of incoterms 2010, letter of credit, harmonized tariff and international trade rules
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently and make effective decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots,” required.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary, required.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job