Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the DC Order Fulfillment Manager, you manage the day-to-day operations of Picking, Packing, and Value-Added Services. This role is responsible for defining the qualitative and quantitative goals for each process, establish work plans to anticipate resource balancing, review and validate standard operating procedures (SOPs), and lead training and operations execution. You will review execution outcomes and continuously improve the flow of volume through all Order Fulfillment departments by analyzing the effectiveness of daily workflow. You make system recommendations to improve overall warehouse operations which scale with company growth by partnering with other systems subject matter experts across the company. You make staffing recommendations to the Director of NA Distribution to create effective labor plans that meet productivity goals and support the growth of the organization.
• Lead and inspire the DC leadership team to meet business goals
• Mentor, coach, and counsel employees and conduct annual performance reviews
• Manage safety and operations standards, institute and ensure employees are trained of and abide by DC rules and policies
• Oversee accuracy for operations and activities performed in the Picking, Packing, and Value-Added Service departments
• Direct a personnel structure and staffing level to meet goals and deadlines in an effective and efficient manner
• Partner with the overall DC Management and HR Manager to ensure staffing levels are planned and managed to support the operations of the fulfillment facility
• Evolve standard operating procedures and ensure they are up to date to eliminate knowledge gaps throughout the operation
• Institute and ensure employees are aware of and abide by warehouse rules and policies
• Be visible and available to staff by touring the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and help others learn to solve problems.
• Partner with Human Resources to determine employee needs for training (Brooks and SOP Training), hiring, developing, motivating, team building and counseling/coaching.
• Contribute to development of annual operations plans. Ensure that the Distribution Center operates per established plan (including staffing, MHE, floor design, racking, slotting, …)
• Other responsibilities as required
• Educational experience to include AA, or equivalent experience
• Min of 5+ years’ experience in a Distribution Center/Fulfillment environment
• Min of 3+ years of experience leading employees and operations in a fulfillment environment
• Experience staffing and planning production for a high-volume fulfillment center, required
• Experience and knowledge of WMS systems and operations (experience with Softeon, Manhattan, etc.) a plus
• Experience with oversight of multiple distribution/fulfillment centers, a plus
• Understanding and experience operating as a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job