Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Runner Insights Research Designer, you will work together with cross functional teams on qualitative consumer research projects for Brooks. You own and craft ethnographic research design methods to help us get closer to our runners and experience the world through their eyes. You will collaborate with project teams to synthesize and amplify the most meaningful insights. You will lead the visualization of ideas and build prototypes to test and learn with runners. You will build analog, digital, and virtual immersive prototypes to test and learn from runners. You will work together with project teams to craft inspiring visual story-telling that compels product and marketing teams to action. You will use your illustration skills to bring abstract and complex ideas to life. You will build the Run-Sight Lab visual design language and ensure design continuity on all Run-Sight Lab outputs.
• Design Oversight
• Lead and own all aspects of the Run-Sight Lab design vision and expression to ensure visual continuity across all outputs.
• Craft and evolve the design language in a way that creates clear and emotional connection between our work and the target audience.
• Design and maintain the Run-Sight Lab space to be a creative and inspiring environment for collaboration and storytelling.
• Use illustration to visually tell the story of the consumer.
• Mentor junior designers.
• Research Design
• Reimagine and develop ethnographic research tools that give our teams a greater emotional connection to the runner.
• Collaborate with our project teams to evolve our empathy process to create the most impactful interactions with runners.
• Bring an innovative spirit to our project teams and be a catalyst for imagining possibilities.
• Research Expression
• Work closely with project teams to help bring their ideas, prototypes, and concepts to life.
• Utilize the latest design and UI programs to help build dynamic prototypes that allow us to learn and iterate quickly. Lead implementation of relevant tools into Brooks design process.
• Lead the usage and content of our research archival tool. Ensure that consumer research is usable and accessible for others in the organization.
• Produce encouraging visual story-telling that brings key stakeholders on each project journey and clearly demonstrates the runner insights and opportunities that were discovered.
• Illustrate ideas to tell the story of the consumer.
• A valuable contributor to the presentation of consumer research projects to internal teams and key external audiences.
• Able to simplify complex research into intuitive and emotional visual narratives.
• Create seasonal themes to inspire project storytelling and immersive presentations.
• Internal Training
• Contributes to internal consumer innovation bootcamps and training opportunities that strengthen our Brand’s ability to act quickly and meaningfully for our runners.
• Mentors internal teams on research design and rapid prototyping.
• Bachelor’s degree in UX/UI design or a related field preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience working on human centered design research projects required.
• 3+ years' experience using applications such as Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision and Figma required
• Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter (using MS Presentation tools)
• Working knowledge of the footwear product management process, retail environment, and consumer buying habits preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and experience
• Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals – skilled communicator
• Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources with a high sense of urgency and self motivation
• Proven ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to our consumer
• Ability to work expertly and efficiently within the team and across departments
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job