Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Business Planner DACH is responsible for the demand and territory planning process for Footwear and Apparel. In this role, you will have continuous contact with relevant Sales team members to ensure accurate demand and territory planning. You will oversee the inventory levels for the DACH region and align the retail strategy for inline and closeout product with the Sales department.
• Business Planning
• Be an expert in consumer and market understanding (cultural drivers, market trends, competitive landscape and retail evolutions)
• Provide business solutions based on strong and detailed analyses.
• Interface between Sales, Product, Customer Service and Marketing to anticipate changes in the revenue and demand forecast.
• Work closely with the Sales team to obtain up-to-date forecasts on a daily basis.
• Provide Operations team with an accurate demand planning based on the territory planning and analysis.
• Help define benchmarks and KPIs for DACH countries and build tools to measure them.
• Help optimize DACH opportunities by creating line feedbackfrom the Sales team.
• Consumer and market insights
• Provide quarterly feedback on competitors, product, and market to help DACH product creation based on regional runner demands
• Analyze brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and provide data to inform strategies based on research and analysis.
• Strategic projects
• Responsible for gathering insights and information about specific projects that may influence future business and product solutions. Takes on full investigation of business scope of these projects, consumer and market insights and presents all findings to the group to help make future decisions accordingly and to maximize opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or a related field required
• Minimum of 3+ years prior experience in business planning/ analyst roles, previous experience in at in apparel, footwear, sporting goods industry preferred.
• Must have advanced level skills in Excel
• Strong business orientation and analytical skills in managing SKU efficiency, product mix, and profitability
• Strong working knowledge of the footwear product merchandising process, retail environment and consumer buying habits
• Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line
• Strong ability to work professionally and efficiently within the team and across departments and to connect to different functions
• Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals
• Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources
• Self-starter who will undertake projects on his or her own initiative
• Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter, great communication ability
• Fluency in business German and English abosolute must
• A passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle
• Ability to travel up to 30% (domestically and internationally)
• Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job