Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Customer Service Manager DTC at Brooks EMEA you will lead, manage and inspire the the Direct-to-Consumer team. Your primary focus is leading the customer-obsessed Direct-to-Consumer team to deliver best-in-class customer experience in support of our business model, core values, and corporate goals for all Brooks EMEA direct consumers. You will develop and drive customer service through traditional and new contact channels (social, online chat, etc.) and partner with peer manager in B2B Customer Service and across the organization to establish standards and ensure service level agreements (SLAs) and productivity goals are met. You will be responsible for working in concert with the eCommerce team to assure we are aligned in executing strategic and tactical initiatives within the Direct-to- Consumer team on an ongoing basis.
• People Management
• Lead, motivate, and manage the Direct-to-Consumer EMEA Customer Service team. Own staff planning, hiring, onboarding, training, and supervision.
• Create a culture of front line obsession, guiding team members to service solutions that are easy, fast, and communicate our commitment to runners.
• Responsible for coaching and development of individual and team performance: creating a positive atmosphere of professionalism and support; providing honest and timely feedback to employees; addressing performance issues with directness and sensitivity.
• Drive departmental goals, direction and work priorities in alignment with our culture: share vision of company goals with employees; set achievable but demanding objectives linked to key strategies in the region.
• Lead team communications regarding metric results, policy adherence, and process consistency.
• Cultivate a winning culture measured by high retention and employee satisfaction, resulting in superior performance.
• Measure and improve team productivity, knowledge and service levels based on volume and performance metrics. Responsible for driving team accountability and delivering results.
• Customer Service Management
• Keep pace with consumer trends and competitor practices to inform our service standards.
• Develop and drive customer service through traditional and new contact channels (social, online chat, etc.)
• Achieve Brooks’ customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Have a central focus on resolving problems, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
• Create solutions for complex customer service issues and become proactive in resolving negative service trends.
• Work across departments to lead and ensure operational excellence in service with e-Commerce, Sales and Operations teams.
• Provide e-Commerce and Operations Leadership with analysis, queries, and reports to inform of ongoing activities and provide alternatives/suggestions of how to best maximize efficiencies that best service both the company and customer.
• Assist with the creation and management of the department annual operating budget to ensure achievement of overall company goals and maintain enterprise accountability.
• Maintain expert knowledge of our core consumer systems, including M3, Salesforce, Mainstreet, etc.
• Lead, supervise and maintain special Consumer projects and programs as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred; may be substituted with equivalent, relevant experience.
• 6+ years’ experience in a customer service role required.
• 3+ years’ supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the direct customer needs and SLA’s.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, experience with M3 ERP system is a pre.
• Exceptional ability to positively deal with adverse situations.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and/or the footwear and apparel business, systems, and processes helpful.
• Talent for analyzing and communicating alternatives, risks and benefits with the goal of reaching decisions or resolving problems.
• Experience working in a global environment with colleagues from different cultures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
• Experience and comfort with providing performance input and coaching for optimal performance
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots,” required.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary, required.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizationa