Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
NOTE: Duration of Assignment: November 2020 to April 2021
As the Temporary Brooks Executive Team Assistant, you will provide day-to-day support to the VP of IT, VP of Finance, VP of Supply Chain Operations, and VP of HR. Your job scope includes executive scheduling for these four individuals; booking and organizing travel and team-related off-sites, assisting with communications, handling meeting logistics, and notes on a regular basis. Cross departmental team assistance will be a key component of your role as you work with Finance, Operations, HR and IT - so keen attention to detail is a requirement.
• Proactively run the VP of IT, VP of Finance, VP of SCO and VP of HR calendars, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and choreographing commitments (includes high volume of virtual meetings)
• Coordinate and arrange meetings (onsite or virtual), including room reservations, ordering food, and handling the set up and clean up. Responsibilities entail taking meeting minutes, setting up AV equipment and executing Blue Jeans and or Microsoft Teams
• Idea generator for virtual team building activities
• Specific responsibility includes the ownership of the Monthly Business Review Meeting and partnering with the VP of Finance in meeting execution
• Generate solutions to find ways to make processes more efficient, tracking expenses more user-friendly, and improve day to day activity
• Develop strong understanding and support business operations and policies as they relate to each department
• Engage internal/external contacts with initiative and poise; develop and maintain strong working relationships with all.
• Partner with the VP of Finance on the Brooks Travel Policy, be a resource on travel related questions and serve as a point of contact for the external travel agent
• Assist in the overall planning and execution for the successful delivery of Brooks Executive offsites and Global Operations offsites (onsite or virtual). Assist in meeting preparation and execution which includes either MS Teams or Blue Jeans support
• Support visa processing, handling credit card expenses and budget tracking
• Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, documents, and data entry
• Handle confidential information with discretion, sound judgment and integrity
• Support and assist other daily activities as assigned. Be prepared to support other departments as necessary and available
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• 3+ years of executive level administrative support experience including travel, scheduling, expense management and general office support.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel and Outlook along with aptitude and willingness to learn other applications necessary to perform the duties of the job.
• General systems aptitude and the ability to prepare reporting, highly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trust and respect within the organization.
• Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees including corporate executives, customers, partners, and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to handle complex customer and employee issues and requests associated with supporting senior leadership roles.
• Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to lead projects to include planning through execution with minimal direction.
• Must be extremely detail-focused and able to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
• Ability to work well independently and with a high degree of initiative to improve processes.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information professionally and discreetly.
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job