Reporting to the General Manager of International Markets, the Brooks Country Manager is responsible for co-developing and leading execution of the strategy for our Canadian business to achieve revenue goals and market share targets. You will work closely with Brooks corporate and international business partners (distributors, 3rd party logistics partners, etc.) to develop the country business plans to continue to build Brooks’ brand and you will represent the face of Brooks Canada and manage the in-country Brooks staff. You will lead the day to day operations of the Sales, Marketing and Operations teams throughout Canada by motivating and leading them to further establish the Brooks brand and gain market share for footwear and apparel in the running category. This role will partner closely with all retail channels to drive revenue.
• Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategic initiatives including the multi-channel sales and marketing strategy for Canada to meet revenue and market share targets.
• In partnership with the GM, International Markets, develop a point of view on the long-term strategy for growing the Canada business.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely forecasting of top-line revenue, final contribution margin, and SKU management for footwear and apparel in Canada to ensure the company achieves its growth and profitability goals.
• Responsible for the yearly budgeting process for the Canada to include setting goals for the managers within the regions and departments.
• Review in-country organization structure and business processes for all functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Operations and evolve to continuously improve to adapt to changing business needs.
• Refine and oversee execution of in-country operations model for working with business partners including distributors, 3rd party logistics providers and retailers ensuring streamlined and efficient operations to attain Brooks’ business revenue and profitability objectives.
• Partner closely with Sales, Marketing and Product teams on sales planning, forecasting, product strategy/positioning, distribution and go-to market strategies.
• Ensure that the Sales and Marketing teams in Canada execute against Brooks’ North America plans.
• Partner with internal Brooks divisions ensuring all in-country business processes align to the corporate processes and culture.
• Review industry trends and competitor practices to ensure Brooks’ Run Happy brand is gaining market share and competing effectively in all channels for Canada.
• Maintain strong partnerships with distribution/retail partners and work with Corporate Operations and Customer Service teams to ensure product distribution targets are met while maintaining Brooks’ outstanding customer service standards globally.
• Partner with the eCommerce team to define the digital engagement strategy for Canada.
• Play a key leadership role on the Brooks North America team and act at all times with integrity, creating clarity for all employee's regarding Brooks Canada future direction, and constantly acting as a positive influence and an evangelist for Brooks.
• Coach and mentor staff, create opportunities for Canada staff development, make hiring decisions and drive execution of programs against strategies.
• Lead the Brooks culture internally by: (a) being a champion of employee engagement; (b) acting as a positive influence on the organization; and (c) holding the company values as front and center with employees.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Sales or Marketing
• 10+ years international sales or marketing leadership experience as a divisional, regional or general manager in a global consumer products business preferably in the footwear, apparel or sporting goods industries
• 5+ years managerial experience, managing direct reports and developing talent.
• Proven experience developing and implementing business strategies and developing new markets and customers with a global company
• Experience creating and successfully executing in-country distributor business models from concept through execution.
• Strong knowledge of international business laws and operations including sales, marketing, manufacturing, distribution and operations.
• Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal including strong negotiation skills and public relations abilities.
• Strong leadership skills including management of multiple functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills with all levels of leadership and all corporate functions.
• Extremely strong project management skills.
• Exceptional problem solving skills with the ability to analyze industry trends and create sound business solutions to changes in market/customer demands.
• Proficient in business tools including ERP systems and Microsoft Office suite
• Fluency in speaking foreign languages highly preferred (French)
• 30% Travel – Canada and Seattle
• Passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
Apply for this job