Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Note: This is a 6 month temporary assignment, ideally beginning in October 2020.
The Direct Merchandising Manager (DMM) is focused on Brooks’ Direct Sales’ business success by leading the curation and execution of key seasonal product collections in a catalog presentation that drives traffic and revenue to Brooksrunning.com and our online/retail partners. The DMM acts as the liaison between Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, and eCommerce ensuring consumer and market right assortments are brought to life for the runner in all catalogs.
This role will lead and manage product pagination, product collections, outfits, hero colors, and the overall product mix in Brooks consumer catalogs. The DMM ensures consistency and alignment of product selection throughout direct and wholesale channels and ensures consistency of messaging and brand storytelling across channels and distribution. The DMM focuses on the execution of all aspects of the catalog from ideation through delivery.
The DMM reports to the Director, Global Apparel Product Management & Merchandising.
• Drive the development and execution of global Apparel merchandising strategies that deliver on unit and GMROI targets established for the catalog business.
• Partner with Footwear and Apparel Merchandising team to drive global head to toe collections and color opportunities that drive the catalog business.
• Serve as the Project Manager for the development of each catalog, leading all meetings and driving communication across the functional teams to ensure timely execution.
• Lead the curation of assortments that support Brooks seasonal product offerings and collections including hero products/colors, deliveries, color flow and key messages.
• Closely partner with eCommerce merchandising team to ensure product selection drives sell through and meets our runners’ needs.
• Work with eCommerce team on reporting, product performance, and learnings from brooksrunning.com. and drive that learning back into the product creation process to elevate execution and profitability
• Attend model go sees photo shoots for catalogs. Initiate shot lists and select outfit pairings that drive Product Marketing’s stories into the catalogs. Partner with Marketing on editing of photography.
• Maintain and communicate up to date product information on all products represented in the catalog to all catalog stakeholders.
• Build the pagination and merchandise plan for each catalog. Work with the Creative/Brand Marketing Team to assign space for non-selling (brand promoting) real estate in the catalogs.
• Work with the S&OP team to ensure Demand and Supply planning is integrated into the support of the cataloged styles and inventory and sales are maximized
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field required.
• Minimum of 5+ years prior experience in working with product (retail side or B2B, product management, product merchandising, sales, etc.).
• Strong working knowledge of the product merchandising process, retail environment and consumer buying habits.
• Strong Business orientation and analytical skills in managing SKU efficiency, product mix, and profitability.
• Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong ability to work professionally and efficiently within the team and across departments and to connect to different functions.
• Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals.
• Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources.
• Self-starter who will undertake projects on his or her own initiative.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter, great communication ability.
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
• Ability to travel up to 25%. Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job