Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Runner Insights Design Associate you will work together with cross functional teams on qualitative consumer research projects for Brooks. You will have the opportunity to craft ethnographic research design methods to help us get closer to our runners and experience the world through their eyes. You will collaborate with project teams to synthesize and amplify the most meaningful insights. You will assist teams to visualize ideas and create prototypes to test and learn with runners. You will help create analog, digital, and virtual immersive prototypes to test and learn from runners. You will work together with project teams to craft inspiring visual story-telling that compels product and marketing teams to action. You will assist with the creation of the Run-Sight Lab visual design language and ensure design continuity on all Run-Sight Lab outputs.
• Contribute to the Run-Sight Lab design vision and expression to ensure visual continuity across all outputs
• Assist with developing design language in a way that creates clear and emotional connection between our work and the target audience
• Research Design
• Assist in the development ethnographic research tools that give our teams a greater emotional connection to the runner.
• Collaborate with our project teams to evolve our empathy process to create the most impactful interactions with runners.
• Bring an innovative spirit to our project teams and be a catalyst for imagining possibilities.
• Use illustration skills to visually tell the story of the consumer.
• Research Expression
• Work closely with project teams to help bring their ideas, prototypes, and concepts to life.
• Utilize the latest design and UI programs to help build dynamic prototypes that allow us to learn and iterate quickly.
• Illustrate and produce inspiring visual story-telling that brings key stakeholders on each project journey and clearly demonstrates the runner insights and opportunities that were discovered.
• Contribute to the presentation of consumer research projects to internal teams and key external audiences.
• Able to simplify complex research into intuitive and emotional visual narratives.
• Internal Training
• Contributes to internal consumer innovation bootcamps and training opportunities that strengthen our Brand’s ability to act quickly and meaningfully for our runners.
• Train internal teams on research design and rapid prototyping.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, or a related field preferred.
• 1+ years experience using applications such as Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision and Zeplin required
• Working knowledge of the retail environment and consumer buying habits a plus.
• Business orientation preferred with demonstrated financial ability in managing gross margins, inventory, and costing
• Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter (using MS Presentation tools)
• Strong analytical skills and experience
• Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals – skilled communicator
• Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources with a high sense of urgency and self motivation
• Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line – skilled “product eye”
• Ability to work professionally and efficiently within the team and across departments
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job