Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
You will be a part of team responsible for the global enterprise applications portfolio and the overall strategic technology roadmap for the major enterprise applications including ERP, Warehouse Management, Order Management as well as Integrations across the enterprise.
Given Brooks has a buy vs. build strategy, you will lead a team charged with integrating and supporting systems selected to meet the needs of the business. Of utmost importance is maintaining the applications in and around the Order Intake Fulfillment arm of the supply chain - Softeon WMS, Integrations to the 3PL, EDI providers and Infor M3 ERP, with best practices, processes, standards, and tools. This includes effectively integrating those core systems with complementary and often cloud-based solutions to provide seamless, innovative and feature rich technology that supports the robust growth of our expanding global business.
• People Leadership:
• Manage, lead, mentor and coach a team of functional & systems analysts and developers who design, implement, test, operate, support and secure applications and integrations across Brooks’ enterprise.
• Hire, develop and manage the performance of the team using Brooks’ HR processes.
• Member of the Information Technology leadership team.
• Create a service-oriented, highly-collaborative culture.
• Technology and Service Delivery Leadership:
• Lead the planning, design, implementation, operation and support of enterprise applications including Softeon WMS, Infor M3 ERP as well as integrations across the Enterprise. Ensure timely delivery of enhancements in the Infor M3 ERP and Softeon WMS space, as well as, partner integrations through effective management of team members and delivery timelines.
• Lead the delivery of solutions that contribute to a multi-year solutions roadmap supporting key company goals and stakeholder objectives.
• Leverage your experience to provide thought leadership to the team with troubleshooting, problem-solving and design best practices.
• Participate in the selection and implementation activities for new enterprise applications. Provide buy vs. build assessments and work with Legal and Security teams during the procurement process for new products and technology vendors.
• Manage team work assignments and timelines. Provide team capacity inputs for project resource planning.
• Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
• As owner of the escalation process, take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
• Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed.
• Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
• Ensure system capacity and performance are sufficient for evolving needs. Ensure technology is monitored and maintained to ensure maximum access and peak performance.
• Ensure system gaps or deficiencies are addressed and root causes of issues are resolved.
• Ensure that documentation is developed and maintained including system context diagrams, functional, technical specifications and data interfaces.
• Ensure that applications adhere to internal and external compliance standards. Ensure readiness and support for vendor and 3rd party audits.
• Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
• Collaborate with business leaders to understand business objectives and initiatives in their respective function, systems requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. Manage the intake, acceptance criteria and prioritization of stakeholder requests with clear business communications and coordination with the technical delivery team.
• Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure applications are secured and compliance with security and privacy requirements such as PCI and GDPR are up-to-date.
• Collaborate with the IT Infrastructure and Operations teams to ensure that the infrastructure, access and application performance is adequate.
• Collaborate with the IT Data and Analytics Services team to ensure that the information needs are planned to be consistently met, leveraging Enterprise BI/Analytics tools.
• Manage relationships with technology vendors for applications such as Softeon WMS. Ensure vendor performance.
• Manage relationships with technology providers and develop new relationships for changing business needs, for example, AWS, etc.
• Budget Management:
• Operate to planned budget to ensure department and company goals are met.
• Follow the Brooks budget planning and capex documentation processes to forecast costs and garner resources necessary to evolve the company’s solutions.
• Participate in the selection and implementation activities for new enterprise applications
• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience. Additional higher education and/or technical certifications a plus!
• 5+ years of demonstrable leading and mentoring a team of individuals in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Experience with leading virtual teams is a huge plus.
• 10+ years of experience designing, implementing, configuring/customizing and maintaining IT applications. Solution Architecture experience preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience implementing, configuring/cust