Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Director, North America Ecommerce, you will lead and drive the growth and development of a critical brand and sales channel for Brooks Running. BrooksRunning.com is the epicenter of our brand where we cohesively share our brand, product and technology stories as well as connect with and build relationships with our runners. This role will the strategic vision and roadmap for our direct-to-runner experiences including our website, mobile experiences and other digital touchpoints where runner, brand and commerce connect. While the emphasis is on the North American markets, you will provide leadership and partnership to other regions where Brooks operates. This role s key in representing the runner experience in digital in all areas ranging from brand engagement to product sell-through to post-purchase engagement and care.
You wil lead a team of high-performing, curious and ambitious ecommerce, merchandising, and analytics professionals in building the vision for the most optimal online learning and shopping experience that engages and converts runners into the Brooks Brand and helps to build retention and advocacy. You will have full accountability for the BrooksRunning.com P/L. In addition, you will be a thought leader and a driver of innovation in how we reach and engage with runners through online and other digital channels. Simultaneously, you will approach all work with an omnichannel lens that puts the runner squarely in the center of all decision-making.
• Oversee the BrooksRunning.com site and any related digital applications where Brooks connects with runners. Ensure the entire site experience and content is on brand and is effectively achieving the brand and business goals.
• Manage the full P/L of BrooksRunning.com. Set the revenue targets, build out and execute the operating budget and manage the profitability of the channel. Keep a constant hand on the pulse of sell-through, site traffic and CVR, product availability and service levels to ensure sales forecast is regularly updated. Work with key partners to develop solutions to any challenges in these areas.
• Build out the product mix for the site that brings new and repeat runners to our brand as well as hits our margin and profitiblity goals. Build strategies that increase sell-through on key categories.
• Define and lead the CRO strategy for the site. Lead the merchandising, promotions and testing strategies that drives engagement and sell-through. Build out the plans to increase AOV, attach rate, cross-category selling and other key CRO metrics.
• Own the web and customer analytics for our digital properties and channels. Set and deliver KPIs for the business. Provide leadership on the development of insights and applications of related strategies to our sites and the digital channels where we connect with runners.
• Partner closely with Digital Products and key stakeholders across the organization to build the user experience, feature and functionality roadmap for the site. Be the key voice in setting priorities on the roadmap.
• Be a key contributor to the personalization strategy and roadmap for the site.
• Own advocacy programs such as ratings and reviews.
• Own and drive the cross-functional efforts of our direct mail tactics.
• Drive our omnichannel digital roadmap with a key set of cross-functional partners. Build out a plan to help merchandise the Brooks brand on our key retail.com sites.
• Work closely with Sales and Retail Analytics, Demand and Supply Planning and Logistics to ensure the right product mix and ability to deliver on a high service level for our runners.
• Work closely with the VP of Digital Marketing & Ecommerce, the Director of Digital Marketing, the Director of Integrated, Brand and Comms Marketing and the VP of North America Sales, as well as other key internal partners to develop and bring to life global ecommerce vision, strategy, and go-to-market plans across key horizons, including near term, medium, and longer time horizons.
• Provide key partnership and share best practices with our global ecommerce colleagues to enable growth in the channel in all our key markets.
• Be a thought leader in terms of what’s new and coming in digital and ecommerce that can accelerate our digital engagement with runners and help Brooks achieve its brand and business goals.
• Lead and develop a team of high-performing ecommerce, online merchandising and analytics professionals. Inspire and develop top performances and endless curiosity among the team.
• Consistently and passionately advocate for the Runner while ensuring the brand is balanced and positioned appropriately in all activities.
• Model leadership behavior across the organization.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year University, preferably in Business, IT, Marketing, Economics, or Communications. M.B.A. preferred. Equivalent experience can be considered in lieu of degree(s).
• A minimum of 12 years related experience, with at least 7 years of Digital Retail experience and 7 years of management experience.
• Experience driving customer experience and sales across digital channels required, non-digital experience a bonus.
• Marketplaces or social shopping experience a bonus.
• Advanced financial knowledge and skills, and the ability to leverage this for business planning, budgeting and investment choices.
• Extensive knowledge of the Digital Retail landscape, including web/internet sales and merchandising techniques, order fulfilment strategies, web and customer digital analytics, and digital user experience best practices.
• Experience driving cross-functional collaboration and teamwork across multiple divisions.
• Holistic thinker – can establish and drive end-to-end strategies and initiatives encompassing multiple functions.
• Consumer goods category experience a strong plus.
• Must demonstrate strategic discernment and ability to navigate strategic challenges.
• The ability to skillfully negotiate, winning concessions without damaging relati