Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The IT Director, EMEA, is responsible for ensuring technology solutions and processes scale with growth, meet stakeholder objectives, and comply with and information security regulations. In this role, you will provide people management and leadership, as well as technical leadership, ensuring teams have the right tools to scale with business needs. You will build cross-functional relationships with core departments, balancing department goals with technology priorities.
You will lead the IT team in-region and extensively collaborate with the global Information Technology team to ensure delivery of high-quality services to customers and employees. You will also oversee the management 3rd party vendors, contractors, and other enterprise partners to deliver technology and services. Your broad scope includes office technology infrastructure, enterprise applications, and brooksrunning eu website. You partner directly with the EMEA business leaders to identify their technology needs and priorities and represent them into the broader enterprise IT process for prioritization and execution.
Your work is highly cross functional, as you develop and maintain great relationships with your teams in Europe as well as Enterprise IT in North America. You are passionate about building and bringing the vision of Brooks and the Run Happy spirit to the team. In this role you own the operational results, people development and technology budget management for the EMEA region.
• Serve as a key contributing member of the EMEA leadership team representing IT, which includes leaders from other core functions and Territory Directors in market.
• Define technology strategy to achive EMEA business plans and growth objectives in alignment with global technology strategies. Define and maintain the technology roadmap for EMEA based on prioritized regional business needs and advocate for those regional needs in the global IT roadmap.
• Lead and drive specific EMEA technology and infrastructure projects and initiatives while simultaneously supporting global technology rollouts.
• Participate in the analysis, design, selection, and implementation of business software solutions.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the Global IT Team and other key stakeholders within the Brooks organization to facilitate overall team success.
• Regularly meet and partner with EMEA Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations teams and Territory leaders in market to understand customer and employee system challenges and recommend solutions from a technology perspective.
• Responsible for all information technology within the region: consumer and retailer eCommerce, M3 ERP, order management system, contentServ PIM, Zendesk customer service, data & analytics, and EDI, along with the technology infrastructure supporting all regional offices.
• Ensure technology components are maintained and scaled to meet the growing needs of the business.
• Negotiate contracts and manage application vendors to ensure performance and deliverables meet contract specifications.
• Lead technology support in EMEA to ensure operational excellence. Implement support processes including team calendar, on-call rotation, incident handling, incident communication, and escalation. Ensure timely and effective resolution of incidents and service requests and act as an escalation point for customer and technical issues.
• Facilitate security awareness training to employees in the region. Act as the main point of contact for IT security in EMEA. Provide security awareness trainings to employees in the region.
• Manage the defect and enhancement backlog and priorities for the region.
• Lead holiday readiness activities for the region.
• Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and best practices to improve Brooks overall technology services.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Direct a technology team in Europe consisting of analysts, engineers and project managers that operate, support and enhance systems.
• Create a service-oriented and highly collaborative culture dedicated to delivering technology and services to the region.
• Build a team that will lead thought, bring a customer-centric mindset and build strong relationships with teams throughout the org.
• Lead, mentor and coach team members. Promote career development and manage the performance of the team using Brooks HR processes.
• Hire and manage all in-region information technology personnel and/or contractors
• Build and manage the EMEA IT budget and contribute to the overall IT budget.
• Ensure appropriate financial approvals and operate to planned budget to ensure department and company goals are met.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or relevant major and/or Information Technology experience.
• 12+ years professional experience in information technology.
• 7+ years of experience on leading a team
• Experienced in managing technologists across a wide variety including ERP, web/digital, and infrastructure.
• Proven success managing a team of IT professionals in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Excellent collaboration, listening, and communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical audiences.
• Ability to identify unmet user needs; internal and external.
• Solid knowledge of Internet technology and applications.
• Proven ability to influence & collaborate with diverse individuals with varying goals.
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to easily work well with others.
• Ability to lead (cross functional) projects and project teams.
• Proven ability to identify and eliminate operational ine