Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Material Sustainability Specialist is an integral part of the Material Development Team and partners closely with the Corporate Responsibility (CR) team. You are responsible for the timely and accurate collection and reporting of relevant data & sustainability certifications for Brooks Apparel and Bras to inform our Sustainability Roadmap and science-based CR goals. In this role, you will research, collect, and report out on sustainability related data, and manage the timeline and execution of Brooks’ Sustaninability goals applicable to Brooks Apparel & Bras.
• Partner with the Apparel Material Development team and CR team to research feasibility of proposed sustainability initiatives as related to Brooks current Sustainability Roadmap and future-looking science-based sustainability goals
• Based on feasibility analysis, propose seasonal implementation timeline and duration of sustainability initiatives
• Monitor progress against existing sustainability goals and the further development of our long term initiatives. Research and develop recommendations to maximize our opportunities to reduce our environmental impact inline with evolving industry standards
• Manage the seasonal Sustainablity project calendar, including identifying the addition or removal of projects based on priorities and shifting timelines; maintain transparency to the calendar to entire Apparel team
• Report regularly to the Material team and Apparel leadership to ensure ongoing adoption and action against goals
• Partner with CR and Material Development teams to collect and report data on Brooks seasonal sustainable material goals
• Follow up with mills to ensure correct sustainability certificates (e.g., bluesign, recycled content, etc.) are documented and available for every applicable textile, including accurately uploading into the material database (Flex PLM)
• Prepare and provide bi-seasonal (Sample and Bulk order timing) sustainable certification reports to CR team for visibility against Apparel Sustainability goals
• Identify gaps in certification status and implement Restricted Substance testing protocols
• Collection and reporting of data
• Supplier data to comply with the annual GHG foootprint
• Supplier data to comply with annual retailer and external sustainability assessments
• Apparel relevant data for annual Higg BRM assessment in cooperation with CR team
• Supporting documentation and certificates, for recycled water bottle content analysis in all Apparel recycled textiles
• Additional projects to assist and support the Materials and/or CR Team as assigned by Senior Manager
• BS in Environmental Studies or related field; may be substituted with relevant work experience
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in data research, analysis, and reporting
• Computer proficiency with office software, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and FlexPLM
• Ability to analyze information and provide subjective feedback in a concise and understandable manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job