Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Brooks Designer, Advanced Footwear, you will elevate the AESTHETIC DIRECTION of Brooks Running footwear future product. You will help to ensure the EXISTENTIAL EXPLORATION of future design opportunities for Brooks Running footwear product as part of the Advanced Footwear Design Team.
As a Brooks Designer, Advanced Footwear, you will apply the creative foundation of FUTURE BEAUTY as design reference for future products while maintaining brand direction and appropriate aesthetic appeal for a future target consumer.
As a Brooks Designer, Advanced Footwear, you will partner and collaborate with the product line management and with product development in a triad structure to design footwear products. You will develop a deep understanding of the runner’s needs and will immerse into the running experience to design detailed high performance running products applying your aesthetic design skills.
As a Brooks Designer, Advanced Footwear, you will work with the Color - Materials & Trend Team to research long term strategies of Brooks design markers (Color, Graphic, Materials, Finishes, Trims, etc.). You will partner with Footwear Development and Run-Sight Lab experts in crafting beautiful performance products to ensure that Brooks is the most LOVED brand for runners worldwide.
• Explore with your design talent in many intentional iterations of footwear designs, the future of Brooks Running Footwear.
• Stay current in the athletic footwear market, diverse category trends, material and technological innovations, and design and prototyping tool improvements across the global network and bring ideas to inform/execute our future innovations.
• Design and present upper, midsole, and outsole sketches for an Advanced Footwear Product on direction provided by the Advanced Lead Triad (ALT).
• Design and present upper, midsole, and outsole sketches for made-to-order/special makeup products on direction provided by the Advanced Lead Triad (ALT).
• Proficiently design technical drawings for different footwear components such as midsoles, outsoles, and/or molded upper pieces.
• Work with 3D Designers to increase the fidelity and power of your concepts.
• Create presentation material of designs and concepts.
• CROSS TEAM COLLABORATION
• Support the Color, Materials & Trend Design Team on the advancement of our design markers in story, color, material, and finish with advanced design projects.
• Partner with product developers in the development by creating detailed, executable, and cost-effective footwear designs and design tech packages.
• Participate in design research with the Advanced Design Team to develop prototypes.
• Assist the work streams in our Bio-mechanic Lab with design support and aesthetic know-how.
• Participate in sessions to gain customer insight projects of the Run-Sight Lab.
• Be an explorer of ideas, research, trends to continuously expand your design knowledge.
• Maintain calendar/timelines/deadlines that result in a timely completion of each project
• Establish yourself as a design expert and use your expertise to partner with your product teams.
• Knowledge of prototyping and ability to use hand made models to demonstrate proof of ideas.
• Conduct visits to our factories and material suppliers to gain insights and maintain a high level of understanding of the footwear manufacturing process.
• Travel as necessary to Asia, Europe, trade shows, races, retailers, or other external events.
• Own miscellaneous projects as needed.
• NOTE: to be considered for this position, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or related field, or equivilant experience
• 3+ years of experience in footwear design
• Impressive sketching and color rendering capability
• Have a deep understanding of footwear construction and materials
• Have a deeper understanding of biomechanics and the science of running performance
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Must reach out and must initiate conversations to advance the design of Brooks Running Footwear
• Mastery with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
• Competent using Apple Mac Operating system
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
• 3D not required, but a plus
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
• Travel 15% (Domestically/Internationally)
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job