Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Senior 3D CAD Designer, you will be responsible for creating new digital possibilities with the footwear design department, teaching others, as well as maintaining and managing a full digital catalog of our footwear. You are the expert resource and hub for digital design within Brooks footwear. We will use these resources for many things in the future from visualization of color, material, and form to Finite Element Analysis and Biomechanical Virtual Testing. This role needs a balance of creativity and technical prowess. You must be willing to empower others by sharing knowledge, as they will with you.
• Efficiently create and revise surface / solid models to high standard.
• Create new methods of doing our best work. We want to get better every day. Be willing to add to our knowledge.
• Make the complex digestible, the simple beautiful. We want to bring digital tools to our design department to streamline our workflow. Bring ideas on how to use 3D to make our footwear easier to understand.
• Be accountable to timelines and deadlines: those that you create and those you agree to.
• Establish and monitor your individual deadlines and ensure adherence to overall project timelines and accurate completion of projects. Identify and communicate potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise and determine solutions for any barriers.
• Manage internal/external resources to create a digital CAD library of our products. Each season we would like a top to bottom model of each style.
• Manage software and hardware purchases. Build business justifications and for approved purchases, create and maintain a budget.
• Manage 3D printing with our in-house and contracted printers.
• Plan and lead the CAD Design team on specifc footwear styles to be brought into 3D CAD.
• Ensure team accountability for execution methods and 3D assets to be delivered to internal partners (Color Team, Merchandising, Sales).
• Successfully influence decisions across internal teams with full accountability and ownership for the outcome
• Collaborate with Design, PLM’s, Color and Trend and Sales to best execute and showcase our 3D capabilities. This includes executing 3D renders of numerous colorways, partnering with Design to showcase their designs and providing digital assets to Sales for external accounts.
• Teach / Learn
• Our design team wants to use the power of CAD to have another tool to make the best running footwear on the planet. Teach them within a curriculum you create and are accountable to.
• Provide support, coaching and training for members of the Design team as well as other product and cross-functional teams.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and digital assets to ensure 3D representations incorporate the functional needs of key internal partners and speak to our consumers. Provide innovative solutions to potential design or production concerns.
• Present 3D design interpretations to Footwear team clearly and effectively.
• Mentor more junior members on the team.
• Learn a deeper understanding of performance footwear construction, consumer knowledge, biomechanics, and design philosophy to be a better team member.
• To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
• 7+ years of 3D CAD experience (using applications such as Rhino, Moto, KeyShot, etc.), required
• Footwear specific knowledge preferred but not required.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability and interest in teaching.
• Ability to efficiently create and revise surface / solid models.
• Proven ability to manage contractors and internal resources.
• Interest and ability to create unique solutions.
• Ability to use Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job